OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You mean just because you haven't come to the realisation that not everyone agrees with you? If you cant handle different opinions then this forum isnt the place for you

I like a debate. I like different opinions. 

Repetitive ill-informed ones I like less.  

11 minutes ago, sage said:

I like a debate. I like different opinions. 

Repetitive ill-informed ones I like less.  

So you're saying that you believe that he was a professional footballer? I can make things up too, I used to manage Real Madrid

Just now, McLovin said:

So you're saying that you believe that he was a professional footballer? I can make things up too, I used to manage Real Madrid

I'm sure there are enough ex professional footballers around to prevent it from being so unlikely you have to immediately disregard it as nonsense simply because it challenged your 'knowledge'. 

Wow, this thread turned divisive didn't it.

We are talking about a possible new manager and even though some of us don't want certain people there are more than enough candidates to tickle the fancy of everyone.

What I find amazing, although past history should be a good barometer, is the infighting and insults our fans are throwing at each other about these disagreements. It's not pub banter, it really is ridiculous.

I come on here to look for news or helpful insight, and have to trawl through pages of rubbish to find a gem of insight, thought or reasoning.

I know it is the off season and we all want to move forward, but take a step back and have a word with yourselves.

Notice, not directed at anyone in particular, ill leave you to decide if it is aimed at you;-)

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Jesus Christ, more waffle on the last three pages than mr waffle himself! :ph34r: 

so anyway. . . back to our next manager, anyone heard owt new? 

No. Hence the waffling. 

Who cares anyway. Reactions going to be very similar regardless of who gets appointed, just with the members of the negativity camp varying (somewhat). 

Just make Will Hughes player manager. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I'm sure there are enough ex professional footballers around to prevent it from being so unlikely you have to immediately disregard it as nonsense simply because it challenged your 'knowledge'. 

Did I say that? I said I highly doubt he was in a previous post but if he was fair play and he only said that after I said I played sunday league. If our players can't handle negative vibes then they shouldn't be here. I understand that they're not robots but they should learn to ignore it and if they're listening to the crowd then that suggests that they're not 100% focusing on the games

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

22 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You mean just because you haven't come to the realisation that not everyone agrees with you? If you cant handle different opinions then this forum isnt the place for you

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

No I didn't? Stop talking crap , find the post where I said that

Stones. Throwing. Glass Houses. Stop. 

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Jesus Christ, more waffle on the last three pages than mr waffle himself! :ph34r: 

so anyway. . . back to our next manager, anyone heard owt new? 

Finally back on topic ;)  Personally I'd like Pearson , he worked wonders with Leicster in the championship , I would like to see Walsall go back down to the u21's , not because I don't rate how he's done in the 1st team but so he can continue helping us to produce the next will Hughes!

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Did I say that? I said I highly doubt he was in a previous post but if he was fair play and he only said that after I said I played sunday league. If our players can't handle negative vibes then they shouldn't be here. I understand that they're not robots but they should learn to ignore it and if they're listening to the crowd then that suggests that they're not 100% focusing on the games

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yes, you ******' well did mate. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

No. Hence the waffling. 

Who cares anyway. Reactions going to be very similar regardless of who gets appointed, just with the members of the negativity camp varying (somewhat). 

Just make Will Hughes player manager. 

What constitutes the "negative camp", an opinion you don't agree with? Derbados himself doesn't want Wassall here. The majority don't want Wassall here

Just now, McLovin said:

What constitutes the "negative camp", an opinion you don't agree with? Derbados himself doesn't want Wassall here. The majority don't want Wassall here

Didn't say there wouldn't be an appointment that would lead to me being in the negativity camp (there'd be plenty). Doesn't make the post incorrect. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Yes, you ******' well did mate. 

Look on the previous page, that real madrid comment was tongue in cheek. I don't believe him to be honest but it doesn't mean he wasn't. I just find it strange how he said he was a ex pro to give him a 'superior' view after I said I played sunday league

FWIW, here is my take

Pearson - probably the right man for the fans and players, not for Mel - won't get it.

Rowett - seems to make a good job of the resources at hand, Derby fan, local

Sherwood - great PR, but not sure Derby is the place for him with an incredibly demanding fanbase, could see that going wrong

Martinez - I quite like him, but terrible defensively, again, can he handle the demands here?

Wassall - he did okay, passionate Derby fan, would give his all, needs media training. Just not convinced hes cut out for it.

No obvious candidate, whoever gets it gets my support. End of.

Just now, McLovin said:

Look on the previous page, that real madrid comment was tongue in cheek. I don't believe him to be honest but it doesn't mean he wasn't. I just find it strange how he said he was a ex pro to give him a 'superior' view after I said I played sunday league

Superior meaning potentially more well informed. 

21 hours ago, philmycock said:

I'm thinking Ryan Giggs under Harry would be quality

The same Giggs , number 2 at Man U's during their self confessed most boring season in living memory.

For a wildcard , how about  the staff at Greggs and Andy Reid ?  Experienced footballing brain and a tub of Lard

Archived