Jobs in Derbyshire

Cisse

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Cisse said:

What kind of jobs is there available in Derbyshire for foreigners with limited skills with English language ?

Any idea what kind of salary you can get as a cleaner in hotels ? Or a salesclerk in a place like Greggs ?

You could do Derby City tours for Finnish visitors walking around with a big umbrella or a Finnish flag showing people the sights of Derby. I'm not sure about the demand or what you could show them but I'm sure we could make some stories up.

You could get a job in an off licence over here your allowed to batter shop lifters.

Seriously I think for someone who can come on here who is Finnish and have the input and communication with people who are native to this country I think you could throw your hand to anything over here. You better get over quick though because the door may be locked after June.

18 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Yes I turned down a managerial job there a few weeks ago wasnt very impressed.....

The place is stuck in a time warp...... I was a trainer there and had 12 years at Toyota about 18 months before. The amount of waste there was unbelievable..... One day, I noticed on one of the lines the basins for a particular pudding were dented. I was asking if anyone was going to investigate this etc..... Instead I got bolloked for not throwing away too slow..... Lasted 5 months

Derby city council pay their cleaners the Living Wage Cisse, £7.87 ph, it's one of the better payers in the city plus there are a few workers who don't speak as good English as you do so really if that's what you want to do you'd have every chance. They're keen on training staff using new techniques and equipment, so if you're willing, get yer self over.

Like others have said though, get here before June.

On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 22:42, Cisse said:

What kind of jobs is there available in Derbyshire for foreigners with limited skills with English language ?

Any idea what kind of salary you can get as a cleaner in hotels ? Or a salesclerk in a place like Greggs ?

I work in the motor trade and there's always jobs going in valeting side of things . Usually minimum wage or pay as you work I.E x amount per job ! 

On 4/24/2016 at 10:50, LesterRam said:

Watch dealer, you know your watches? Attend auctions and see if you could generate an income but don't forget to factor in auction fees and commission structures.

@Cisse, that's a good suggestion from Lester.

I'd also suggest you try places like money express or other pawn brokers where they lend against watches and jewellery.

Someone who recognises genuines from fakes is worth their weight in gold to those kind of places.

Your knowledge is not something that everyone has, use your skills pal.

8 hours ago, Boycie said:

Minimum wage is uk 

7 hours ago, Cisse said:

You lost me.

Minimum wage is the same across the country, it doesn't change in each area of a town/city.

Avoid Chaddesden and Belper.

4 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

@Cisse, that's a good suggestion from Lester.

I'd also suggest you try places like money express or other pawn brokers where they lend against watches and jewellery.

Someone who recognises genuines from fakes is worth their weight in gold to those kind of places.

Your knowledge is not something that everyone has, use your skills pal.

I'm not that good with watches, It's just a hobby. Sure I know something but not enough to be a professional. Professionaly I could only sell booze and grab shoplifters.

33 minutes ago, David said:

Minimum wage is the same across the country, it doesn't change in each area of a town/city.

Avoid Chaddesden and Belper.

Thanks. I expressed my meaning poorly. I was trying to ger ideas of the places to rent a place if it comes to that.

Belper seems nice except those hills would kill me walking there.

7 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Thanks. I expressed my meaning poorly. I was trying to ger ideas of the places to rent a place if it comes to that.

Belper seems nice except those hills would kill me walking there.

Haven't we been here before showing you flat rental prices, locations and how much money you need? 

Save up and do it. Just leave the cowboy boots at home.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Haven't we been here before showing you flat rental prices, locations and how much money you need? 

Save up and do it. Just leave the cowboy boots at home.

If my boots are not welcome I'm not coming either.

I have been thinking of this for some time, that's true.

I'd say definitely look for accomodation within walking distance of the city as

1) you won't be stuck out in the suburbs at the mercy of public transport if yu want to get anywhere

2) lots more work in the city centre

3) if you do get work outside of the city centre then you are at least at the centre of the public transport network rather than out on a limb

4) always lots going on in the city, loads of pubs, restaurants etc

44 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I'd say definitely look for accomodation within walking distance of the city as

1) you won't be stuck out in the suburbs at the mercy of public transport if yu want to get anywhere

2) lots more work in the city centre

3) if you do get work outside of the city centre then you are at least at the centre of the public transport network rather than out on a limb

4) always lots going on in the city, loads of pubs, restaurants etc

Local football team aren't bad either.

12 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Near that big parking lot ?

Well, not the multi-storey one no. The underpass from the intu leads you out on the other side of the road heading towards the train station, they're down there, maybe they weren't started last time you came over?

http://www.newhomesforsale.co.uk/derbyshire/derby/castleward.php?gclid=CIzdg6fzxcwCFeEp0wodxPwPhg

Archived