Evening With Harry Redknapp

G STAR RAM

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County’s ‘An Evening With Harry Redknapp’ event at the iPro Stadium on Thursday evening proved to be a big success.

Redknapp joined Derby in the role of football advisor just over a month ago to work alongside Head Coach Darren Wassall and his coaching staff for the rest of the season.

Attendees on the night enjoyed a two-course meal and a bottle of beer before Redknapp took to the stage in the Pedigree Suite for a question and answer session.

The 69-year-old discussed a range of topics during the event, looking back on his career as a player and a manager in addition to talking about Derby’s current fortunes.

Those in attendance also got the chance to meet Redknapp afterwards for photographs and autographs.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/an-evening-with-harry-redknapp-proves-to-be-a-success-3073797.aspx#l5Lj9SJLfFJ35q3Y.99

Sounds ******* thrilling 

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Sounds ******* thrilling 

These sort of evenings are meant to be interesting and entertaining, not thrilling.

Just now, eddie said:

These sort of evenings are meant to be interesting and entertaining, not thrilling.

lol, bad choice of word maybe :p I just don't think I could bring myself to be interested by this, the fact that the discussion on Derby seems like an after thought, I can't imagine any drew any information about this career that we didn't already know. Next time something like this happens we should take a group to ask the most surreal questions we can think of. That would be interesting.

"Attendees on the night enjoyed a two-course meal and a bottle of beer before Redknapp took to the stage in the Pedigree Suite for a question and answer session"

sorry my dyslexia got the better of me then, I thought it said..."Redknapp took to the stage in a Pedigree Suit for a question and answer session", I have just gone trawling through google for one :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

lol, bad choice of word maybe :p I just don't think I could bring myself to be interested by this, the fact that the discussion on Derby seems like an after thought, I can't imagine any drew any information about this career that we didn't already know. Next time something like this happens we should take a group to ask the most surreal questions we can think of. That would be interesting.

Many years ago, when I was heavily involved with the Supporters Club, we used to hold occasional sports forum nights at Castle Donington, and by and large they were absolutely superb events and very well attended. It wasn't always totally football-oriented but would include guests from cricket, boxing, athletics etc, usually local people but of international renown.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Many years ago, when I was heavily involved with the Supporters Club, we used to hold occasional sports forum nights at Castle Donington, and by and large they were absolutely superb events and very well attended. It wasn't always totally football-oriented but would include guests from cricket, boxing, athletics etc, usually local people but of international renown.

I've been to things like this that have been interesting, just based on that little summary it didn't seem to go in any particularly interesting direction. HR is a very well written-about person, at least in the context that this chat seemed to focus on. 

I'd like to hear from someone who went though, to see if that blurb is doing it any justice. 

3 hours ago, LesterRam said:

"Attendees on the night enjoyed a two-course meal and a bottle of beer before Redknapp took to the stage in the Pedigree Suite for a question and answer session"

sorry my dyslexia got the better of me then, I thought it said..."Redknapp took to the stage in a Pedigree Suit for a question and answer session", I have just gone trawling through google for one :ph34r:

These two can sort you out for a pedigree chum suit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/7304452.stm?

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

questions like "my wife's a tax inspector, should I tell her everything ?"

4 hours ago, eddie said:

I can remember forums at the Soldiers and Sailors, with Neil Hallam sometimes chairing the evening. And it always ended pretty messily. 

"An Evening With..." always makes it sound like a variety show. I'm now imagining Redknapp doing some impressions, a few card tricks, a bit of blue, before closing by singing Sonny Boy with Jamie on his knee.

12 minutes ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

I can remember forums at the Soldiers and Sailors, with Neil Hallam sometimes chairing the evening. And it always ended pretty messily. 

It was better with Jock Smith

Archived