Trainspotters corner

Boycie

Trainspotters corner poll  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After the podcast last night I got tagged as being a trainspotter.

i want to use this platform as a benchmark to see if there are any other like minded people on the forum.

Now you don't have to wear a flasher mac with Polaroid around your neck and hang around stations to be a train enthusiast.

You don't have to have Daveo immaturely sending pictures of trains at his local level crossing to you all the time stating "cho cho" either. (He thinks it's highly amusing btw)

i don't collect numbers or do I possess a little book.

so come on, nobody will know how you voted, let all the train enthusiasts come forward and show Daveo we aren't all weird.

Ed Dawes is no weirdo is he?

mind the gap

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Class_55_no._55022_at_Grosmont,_18.09.20

Loved seeing and going on a train pulled by one of these when I was a lad, just something about them. Must admit to being more of a lorry man mind, a restored Volvo F88 is on the list when the 6 numbers come up. 

Do you sit in the one at the Alexander hotel on match days?

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Do you sit in the one at the Alexander hotel on match days?

I can't say as I do, I think it's a happy memories thing, it was a big deal (for us) going on a long distance train journey with your own compartment, well, it wasn't our own compartment per se, people used to see us in there and keep walking. :lol:

I used to live next to the great central line in woodhouse eaves and loved to hear them going by, I am back in blighty and live close to the same line but further down the track in cropston, its almost comforting now, steam is king, lovely piece of British engineering and the voluntary staff do a sterling job in their upkeep.

47 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I can't say as I do, I think it's a happy memories thing, it was a big deal (for us) going on a long distance train journey with your own compartment, well, it wasn't our own compartment per se, people used to see us in there and keep walking. :lol:

Happy memories of going on holiday by train to Scarborough, Skeggy,  Rhyl, Dawlish, Weston (Super Mare, not on Trent)

Running down the train and finding an empty compartment was a great feeling.....the holiday began as soon as you got on the train.

From family holidays to travelling on the train to Derby from Utch every other week then the Ramaway football specials to away games....always loved trains me.

Its criminal how they deliberately withheld investment in the railways, treasonable act imo. A fully modernised, publically funded and ran, clean, efficient and safe rail system would pay for itself after a bit of initial investment, love and care.

I voted Sad Tw@ts btw.

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

train compartment.jpg

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Class_55_no._55022_at_Grosmont,_18.09.20

Loved seeing and going on a train pulled by one of these when I was a lad, just something about them. Must admit to being more of a lorry man mind, a restored Volvo F88 is on the list when the 6 numbers come up. 

tis a thing of beauty, the mighty Deltic.

15 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

I like that particular train as well there is something about it ,there was a TV documentary about keeping the Scottish railway system open and the gang used that type of train it had done over 2 million miles.

Dad used to take me to museums, car shows, air shows etc. all the time when I was young (until I finally got a say and had him take me to heritage sites and ancient history related stuff)

The only thing I remember from the railway museum was eating a sandwich in the car. 

I doubt I'm all that interested in trains. 

17 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Harry Potter lol if you don't collect locomotive numbers in a little book then you can't seriously classify yourself as a bona fide train spotter 

Can I make things clear, no bona's when I'm involved.

or with the trains

Archived