Martin's Contribution

rynny

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

From the views I've read... I'd say not good would be very generous. 

Was always going to be difficult for him as when he came on they had 9 outfield players within 20 yards of their own goal during open play. Then hammer it forward as hard and high as possible. Tried his flicks and clever play but when the closest players have to run 50 yards to catch up and it is Anya and Oliver Burke that just run without even trying to change direction to collect the ball (Burke at one point just stood and watched the ball go 3 yards past him without even attempting to get it). Almost scored as a defender smashed the ball against him.

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Was always going to be difficult for him as when he came on they had 9 outfield players within 20 yards of their own goal during open play. Then hammer it forward as hard and high as possible. Tried his flicks and clever play but when the closest players have to run 50 yards to catch up and it is Anya and Oliver Burke that just run without even trying to change direction to collect the ball (Burke at one point just stood and watched the ball go 3 yards past him without even attempting to get it). Almost scored as a defender smashed the ball against him.

I'm assuming he gets capped because of the way he plays for us

Then they always try to turn him into either Steve Howard or Jamie Vardy. 

Why do so many international teams just chuck in form players together and expect it to work.

Martin will never have a good international career because Scotland spend too much time with 10 players in their own half. 

It won't happen for him. He'll just look like a donkey

Martin has just contributed to me losing a considerable amount of money thanks to my youngest bumping into him this afternoon leaving the ipro.

Have to say the guy is great speaking with kids, my lad now has Martin shirt in pipeline and hero status secured; funny too watching two young teenage girls have their pic taken with him, one was star struck so much couldn't stop shaking. Clearly Chrissy is a bit of a pull on the youngsters :wub:

Some may sledge his work rate but he's a top bloke, giving young kids the time of day, even spoke to him again as we were looking at the pic stood by the car.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Martin has just contributed to me losing a considerable amount of money thanks to my youngest bumping into him this afternoon leaving the ipro.

Have to say the guy is great speaking with kids, my lad now has Martin shirt in pipeline and hero status secured; funny too watching two young teenage girls have their pic taken with him, one was star struck so much couldn't stop shaking. Clearly Chrissy is a bit of a pull on the youngsters :wub:

Some may sledge his work rate but he's a top bloke, giving young kids the time of day, even spoke to him again as we were looking at the pic stood by the car.

How lucky are you - we queued for over an hour to be then herded through as fast as they could - baaaaa

Archived