Derby County vs Nottingham Forest

DarkFruitsRam7

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 13:49, BurtonRam7 said:

For Olsson's goal he brought the ball down brilliantly on his chest and laid it off. Ten seconds later the ball is in the net...

So what did he do the other 89 mins.50 seconds,apart from missing 3 or 4 chances?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 10:24, angieram said:

Which if you were paying attention you would notice was superbly controlled and passed on to Bryson by ....Chris Martin.

Great team goal. Right from Russell, Hanson, Hendrick, MARTIN, Bryson, Ince, Olsson - yesssss!!!

i'll ask you the same question,what did he do for the other 89 mins and 50 secs?

2 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

i'll ask you the same question,what did he do for the other 89 mins and 50 secs?

I take it you are of the opinion that unless a player is doing something with the ball he isn't helping the team? You'll be asking for Carson to be dropped next because he didn't make many saves on Saturday. 

13 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Not as much as in some other games. I thought Saturday was one of his less effective games as he was well-marshalled by Mills and Mancienne. 

Made the wrong decision not to go in for the header with the best of Olsson's crosses. 

The point of my post that you quoted was that @Ninos had chosen to highlight Hendrick's part in the goal whilst conveniently forgeting Martin's.

I thought Saturday was one of Martin's weaker games but I think he has many more strong ones. I'm a fan! 

5 hours ago, Srg said:

I don't know... Olsson did put 2 beautiful crosses in.

That said, Bent's massive arse would've probably put him 3 yards offside.

Remember 1 cross that Martin should definitely have got his head on but I wouldn't put my mortgage on Bent busting a gut to have got his head on it!

1 hour ago, Reithe glas said:

Can't believe the grief I'm getting for having the brass neck to criticise Martin. I know there are people out there who agree with me. Where are you? Give a brother some back-up here. I'm getting a wicked kicking!!

If your argument was strong enough you wouldn't need any back up, and you would be able to state why Martin isn't good enough/contributing enough.

1 hour ago, top 6 finish said:

So what did he do the other 89 mins.50 seconds,apart from missing 3 or 4 chances?

I'm not saying he was perfect, he definitely should have got on the end of a couple of crosses and he needs to stop falling over, but the point I'm making is that despite his average performance throughout most of the game, he still managed to play a major part in the winning goal.

Also, as @rynny's excellent post made clear, he has played a major part in so many of our goals recently, and there are certainly a lot of players that could be making more of a contribution than him.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I'm not saying he was perfect, he definitely should have got on the end of a couple of crosses and he needs to stop falling over, but the point I'm making is that despite his average performance throughout most of the game, he still managed to play a major part in the winning goal.

Also, as @rynny's excellent post made clear, he has played a major part in so many of our goals recently, and there are certainly a lot of players that could be making more of a contribution than him.

I wouldn't go that far. It was noteworthy at best. 

17 minutes ago, rynny said:

If your argument was strong enough you wouldn't need any back up, and you would be able to state why Martin isn't good enough/contributing enough.

The bare bones of my view is that I don't think 13 goals and 8 assists is good enough for a team with title ambitions. I can't be any clearer than that. I know how this stuff plays out. I keep defending my view, then I'm called a whinger, moaner, wrist slasher etc etc. I'm actually very positive but, I like to think, realistic as well. The reason I looked for support is to show people like you that I'm none of the aforementioned and that other reasonable people do actually agree with me.

5 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

The bare bones of my view is that I don't think 13 goals and 8 assists is good enough for a team with title ambitions. I can't be any clearer than that. I know how this stuff plays out. I keep defending my view, then I'm called a whinger, moaner, wrist slasher etc etc. I'm actually very positive but, I like to think, realistic as well. The reason I looked for support is to show people like you that I'm none of the aforementioned and that other reasonable people do actually agree with me.

Fair enough, you've put your point of view out there and whilst many (myself included) don't agree with you, you've not been unreasonable and you've given your reasons as to why you hold your beliefs. After all, the forum is about having a discussion about the Rams and not everyone is going to agree on everything.

2 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

People like me? I haven't made any personal attack against you or called you any names. You have your view and I have mine, which I would like to debate and if you can persuade me I am wrong then I will hold my hands up and admit it.

I have posted a couple of times his contribution, by break down in a thread of it's own then a summery, which I quoted both to you, to show you that he is picking up. Yes he had a very long mean spell but he is out of that now and I don't think now is the time to be dropping him. It is also why overall his contribution is not as good as previously (18 & 19) but comparing the rest of the top scorers isn't exactly terrible and only 5-6 goals short of where he has been (and considering how many games he went without scoring is actually quite good)

1 hour ago, rynny said:

People like me? I haven't made any personal attack against you or called you any names. You have your view and I have mine, which I would like to debate and if you can persuade me I am wrong then I will hold my hands up and admit it.

I have posted a couple of times his contribution, by break down in a thread of it's own then a summery, which I quoted both to you, to show you that he is picking up. Yes he had a very long mean spell but he is out of that now and I don't think now is the time to be dropping him. It is also why overall his contribution is not as good as previously (18 & 19) but comparing the rest of the top scorers isn't exactly terrible and only 5-6 goals short of where he has been (and considering how many games he went without scoring is actually quite good)

Objection upheld!! I withdraw the "people like you" slur. Let it be stricken from the record. I'm bailing out of the Chris Martin debate now, I'm an emotional wreck.

38 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

Objection upheld!! I withdraw the "people like you" slur. Let it be stricken from the record. I'm bailing out of the Chris Martin debate now, I'm an emotional wreck.

If you feel like you do want to debate it again head over to this thread

I am and will probably always be a Martin fan,damn good footballer. The trouble is that his link-up play good equally be done by a decent mid-fielder.He is a striker and should be working harder to get into goal-scoring positions,this season for the most part he isn't doing that. I'm sorry but sometimes you have to put loyalty,respect for what he's done in the past,etc. to one side and recognize that he just isn't pulling his weight,right now.

After all that,he will probably score a hatful in the next 8 matches,and I will love it,and make a cringing apology.

6 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

I am and will probably always be a Martin fan,damn good footballer. The trouble is that his link-up play good equally be done by a decent mid-fielder.He is a striker and should be working harder to get into goal-scoring positions,this season for the most part he isn't doing that. I'm sorry but sometimes you have to put loyalty,respect for what he's done in the past,etc. to one side and recognize that he just isn't pulling his weight,right now.

After all that,he will probably score a hatful in the next 8 matches,and I will love it,and make a cringing apology.

4 goals in his last 7 matches and directly involved in 10 of our last 15 goals, and in the build up to 2 more. I would say he is. Not quite as good as previous seasons but still better than the majority of strikers we have had in the last 10-15 years.

Archived