Old fears on another possible failed promotion campaign.

Boycie

I used to worry that we'd lose some of out best performers if we didn't get promoted, players wanting to play in a higher division and other promoted clubs maybe taking them away from us.

When we lost at Wembley i worried we'd have the team dismantled and picked off.

I don't feel the same way this time, I think I only fret about losing Will Hughes at the moment, and that's because he's not played, and maybe he also would have lost form in this squad at the moment too?

Would you worry about losing any players this time?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hughes might well decide its time to prove himself at the next level - can only hope that he decides to give it one more go with us next season (if we dont go up this year of course).

Couldnt blame him...but obviously hope its with us...

If someone asked you to fit a light for them Boycie, and when you got there actually wanted a new radiator, would you struggle to deliver? 

These players are going through more changes than a prostitutes knickers, do you really think they can perform at the top of their level given what continues to happen in the background?

21 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If someone asked you to fit a light for them Boycie, and when you got there actually wanted a new radiator, would you struggle to deliver? 

These players are going through more changes than a prostitutes knickers, do you really think they can perform at the top of their level given what continues to happen in the background?

Well I could fit a radiator tbh, but I know what you're saying.

13 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Would Boycie say to any prospective new employer 'sorry all I can do is for lights'?

Just to be clear, I have no idea what Boycie does but I have a light that needs changing if he is free next week.

13 hours ago, YouRams said:

The likes of Martin, Hendrick, Keogh, Russell might fancy a challenge somewhere else. Think we'd have more wanting out than teams wanting them after this season. 

Would you be bothered if Russell and Hendrick left I wouldn't 

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Would you be bothered if Russell and Hendrick left I wouldn't 

Can't say I would, we missed out big time a couple of seasons ago could of traded Russell for Ritchie. And if it's true villa offered 5mil for Hendrick I'd of snapped their hand off. I'd be a bit gutted if Martin wanted to move on but unless the new manager can get him to fit into different systems or have decent back up it leaves us very one dimensional again. 

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Can't say I would, we missed out big time a couple of seasons ago could of traded Russell for Ritchie. And if it's true villa offered 5mil for Hendrick I'd of snapped their hand off. I'd be a bit gutted if Martin wanted to move on but unless the new manager can get him to fit into different systems or have decent back up it leaves us very one dimensional again. 

Agreed my boss was never really interested at work when someone left but always was interested in getting someone better in to replace them, there are far better players than Russell and Hendrick around

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Would Boycie say to any prospective new employer 'sorry all I can do is for lights'?

Just to be clear, I have no idea what Boycie does but I have a light that needs changing if he is free next week.

Drop me a PM. Also I'm not free, but do give free lifts to the hole in the wall for oap's.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Drop me a PM. Also I'm not free, but do give free lifts to the hole in the wall for oap's.

What's that, you are prime minister?

Sorry getting on a bit and can't read too well.

So in summary you can fix the hole in my wall but can't fit a radiator?

Whether they've had enough of the club is up to them, but any of the Clough/Maclaren signings have played more consistently and better than they have this season, before. So I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

players like Russell were brilliant during  SM's reign. So to say we wouldn't mind if he went, doesn't make sense to me. This season has been so unstable behind the scenes that not one player has really come out looking like a consistent world beater.

any one of those players (including Brad Johnson) could be a top championship/ lower prem player with the right coaching.

16 hours ago, Boycie said:

I used to worry that we'd lose some of out best performers if we didn't get promoted, players wanting to play in a higher division and other promoted clubs maybe taking them away from us.

When we lost at Wembley i worried we'd have the team dismantled and picked off.

I don't feel the same way this time, I think I only fret about losing Will Hughes at the moment, and that's because he's not played, and maybe he also would have lost form in this squad at the moment too?

Would you worry about losing any players this time?

Hughes

Carson

Martin

The only three I'd consider untouchable.

7 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Hughes

Carson

Martin

The only three I'd consider untouchable.

Add Sir Jake and I'm with you

Archived