"We hate Forest" spelled out on roof

Inglorius

A DERBY County fan has decided to poke fun at the Rams traditional rivals Nottingham Forest on the roof of a building.

Dave Greenall has spelled out the words "We hate Forest" in tiles on the roof of a development right next to the A50 at Chellaston.

He said while he was spelling out the words he was getting the support of passing Derby fans who were "pipping their horns" as they drove past.

And the words will be out all day tomorrow until he starts covering the rest of the roof of the building

The 54-year-old roofer said: "It just came to me in a flash of inspiration really.

"The bloke who is the developer is a Rams fan too so I checked with him it was OK to do before I started and he saw the funny side of it as well, so me and my co-worker spent an hour doing it.

"We did the 'DCFC' letters first and then spelled out 'We hate Forest'.

"There's a big game coming up and I just thought it would be a nice bit of banter to start the ball rolling between fans of the two clubs and I know there will be plenty of Forest fans that will be driving down the A50 and will see it.

"I'm sure they will see the funny side just as we would if a Forest fan did the same on a roof on, say, the A52."

Derby County play Nottingham Forest in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday, March 19, at the iPro Stadium.

The Rams have won three out of the last four matches and victories tomorrow night at Queens Park Rangers and again at Rotherham on Saturday would see them go into the Forest game brimming with confidence.

The game would also see them regain the Brian Clough Trophy, currently held by the Reds after they beat Derby 1-0 at the City Ground earlier this season.

Dave said: "It's just a nice bit of banter going into the big game and I have had plenty of passing drivers pipping their horns to show their support."

Derby County fan spells out 'We hate Forest' with roof tiles - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-35755475

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Know Dave (wouldn't surprise me if he don't post on here, but don't know) see him odd away games, had a feeling it might be someone like him when a forest fan I know, rang me yesterday on his way to Burton saying the cheeky fecker.

Said forest fan text me at 8.30 to say tell Dave he might want to change it to Q.P.R :(

15 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

that's going to be so cringe worthy when we lose to them.............

Just been chatting to him, he's loving it, tells me had the BBC round yesterday and in the Star today, only the non football fans having a moan, even had people pipping today and it's gone.

Guess some people don't have his sense of humour.

Archived