Planning for the playoffs

Carl Sagan

Just now, LesterRam said:

Yes exactly, if he performs well he will be poached by competitors, he does poorly he surely cannot return to the academy, he would lose the dressing room, this is my fear.

why cant he return to the academy? I certainly wouldn't think the academy players will be thinking hes a crap coach at the moment.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Until we are mathematically certain of reaching the playoffs I wont be cracking open the champagne yet and when we do I still won't - to scrape a play off spot given the amount of investment this year is a very, very poor return.

How will we have scraped a play off spot, we have been in them pretty much the whole season and only recently occupied 6th spot for 2 separate weeks, hardly scraping them.

7 minutes ago, BottrillRAM said:

I don't think it's too bad, if you compare our spending to the 3 above us (excluding Brighton) I think we were roughly equal! Then we also had a few injuries to key players! 

"Not too bad" can be also be viewed as being "not very good". If our spending as you say has been roughly equivalent to the teams above us then I would expect us to be in that group not cut adrift of the automatic promotion challengers. With a squad our size using injuries as an excuse doesn't cut it for me either I admire your positive spin but say again scraping the play offs is a poor return, the only redemption would be promotion and that's like flipping a coin.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

How will we have scraped a play off spot, we have been in them pretty much the whole season and only recently occupied 6th spot for 2 separate weeks, hardly scraping them.

Not to be in the hunt for automatic promotion some weeks ago now is a poor return on our investment 

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Not to be in the hunt for automatic promotion some weeks ago now is a poor return on our investment 

But that isn't what you was talking about, and you didn't say anything about automatic places. That is a completely different argument to scraping into the play offs. 

Just now, rynny said:

But that isn't what you was talking about, and you didn't say anything about automatic places. That is a completely different argument to scraping into the play offs. 

The beauty of revolving arguments - it means you are never wrong and always contrary to popular opinion.

10 minutes ago, rynny said:

For clarity I was alluding to the fact that having been cut adrift of the automatic promotion challengers some weeks ago given our level of investment is a poor return. 

11 minutes ago, davenportram said:

The beauty of revolving arguments - it means you are never wrong and always contrary to popular opinion.

If I wasn't clear on my original point have clarified it as above wasn't meant to be intentionally nebulous 

Sith Happens
24 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Maybe so...but then if you look at the likes of QPR, Forest and their investment over the past 5 years there return on investment is even worse.

Sith Happens

One thing i am sure of...a few weeks ago i thought getting in the playoffs was pointless anyway. But now I am actually optimistic we will at least make the final.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Maybe so...but then if you look at the likes of QPR, Forest and their investment over the past 5 years there return on investment is even worse.

Or if you choose to compare our level of spending against Brighton for example our return on investment is appalling.

5 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

For clarity I was alluding to the fact that having been cut adrift of the automatic promotion challengers some weeks ago given our level of investment is a poor return. 

There was no hint at automatic promotion in your posts. Just that a you won't be celebrating scraping into the play offs. In what I questioned you about the scraping into the play offs, to which you have then said you were alluding to something else and not answered how have we scraped into the play offs?

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Do I get any royalties for them using my quotes ? ! 

Do you no which paper it was ? 

The i have an opinion matrix on a Sat, which pulls a quote from each Championship teams forum, I'd assume it was in that.

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Do I get any royalties for them using my quotes ? ! 

Do you no which paper it was ? 

I know @David had a look into qouted taken from the forum before by a newspaper (can't remember which one, not a mainstream one)

I don't know which one this time, @unclej is the one to point it out.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Or if you choose to compare our level of spending against Brighton for example our return on investment is appalling.

I suppose you can say the same for most of the teams in the PL compared with Leicester. Spending money doesnt guarantee success and never has done.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

The i have an opinion matrix on a Sat, which pulls a quote from each Championship teams forum, I'd assume it was in that.

I had a feeling it was the i last time it happened, and I am sure they misquoted the poster, took part of their quote and made it look as though they were calling the club.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

There was no hint at automatic promotion in your posts. Just that a you won't be celebrating scraping into the play offs. In what I questioned you about the scraping into the play offs, to which you have then said you were alluding to something else and not answered how have we scraped into the play offs?

Was there a question somewhere in all of that? I've already clarified my opinion yet you choose to repeat the same query even after doing so. Can I be a moderator please.

Archived