If Leicester win the league....

RamNut

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

we don't actually get that many penalties, compared to Chelsea & co when they are winning leagues, our injury record has been great for years and is no fluke.

10 isn't many? :blink: twice as many as the next highest this season?

Only Chelsea (11 and 12), Palace (12), Liverpool (12) and Man Utd (11) have had more over an entire season since 2002. 

22 minutes ago, 11carl00 said:

10 isn't many? :blink: twice as many as the next highest this season?

Only Chelsea (11 and 12), Palace (12), Liverpool (12) and Man Utd (11) have had more over an entire season since 2002. 

compared to how many we probably should have had no

35 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

God, I hope they don't win it. We'll never hear the end of it.

Still trying to sort out a rival, I see. Forest turned them down, we turned them down, Coventry turned them down - look out Shepshed Dynamo or Lutterworth Town, you're the next ones on for a visit.

43 minutes ago, eddie said:

Still trying to sort out a rival, I see. Forest turned them down, we turned them down, Coventry turned them down - look out Shepshed Dynamo or Lutterworth Town, you're the next ones on for a visit.

"No one wants them, we don't care"

On 5 March 2016 at 22:46, eddie said:

I just can't despise them like others can and do - perhaps that's because I captained Leicestershire in the County Championships and was lead-off for the Leicester Lions when we won the National League and for Rothley when we won the Midland scratch League 3 years on the trot.

Would that be Briers? If so would have seen you play at the County Ground. I'm impressed. The only sporting achievement I've got is vicariously through a Rams-playing uncle. 

6 hours ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

we don't actually get that many penalties, compared to Chelsea & co when they are winning leagues, our injury record has been great for years and is no fluke.

Leicester have had 10 penalties this season, twice as many as any other team (I think). I'm sure some of them were penalties ,however definitely some dubious Vardy ones. The injury record is incredible no doubt.

Its never a good idea to start gloating before the ribbons are on the trophy, and it just makes a lot of people want to see you fail. 

I would love to see them win it but ffs don't become a horrible winner, its worse than a sore loser. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, froggg said:

I'll bet the folks that cashed out will be spewing again today after another cracking win, looks like they're gonna do it:o:cool:

Next 4 games Southampton(home), Sunderland(away), West ham(home), Swansea(home), when you consider they had 2 out of form teams in Newcastle and Palace before it, you wonder why some would cash out with that run of games.

Might be tempted after the Swansea game depending on others results and if it's close, but without taking anything for granted as big Sam will have them fighting and Hammers no slouches, they sure look winnable matches.

Foxes round me are getting very confident now.

7 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Next 4 games Southampton(home), Sunderland(away), West ham(home), Swansea(home), when you consider they had 2 out of form teams in Newcastle and Palace before it, you wonder why some would cash out with that run of games.

Might be tempted after the Swansea game depending on others results and if it's close, but without taking anything for granted as big Sam will have them fighting and Hammers no slouches, they sure look winnable matches.

Foxes round me are getting very confident now.

because if you are offered life changing money in your pocket right then and there is can be very tempting, honestly don't know what I would have done in their place

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

because if you are offered life changing money in your pocket right then and there is can be very tempting, honestly don't know what I would have done in their place

Yes that is a very pertinent point, didn't intend it to be condescending, hard to resist when as you say it could be a life changing moment. I'm sure given most staked relatively low figures, they will be even happier if their team go on to glory in the same year they made their fortunes.

Good luck to all foxes, said through gritted teeth and friendly banter.

6 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Yes that is a very pertinent point, didn't intend it to be condescending, hard to resist when as you say it could be a life changing moment. I'm sure given most staked relatively low figures, they will be even happier if their team go on to glory in the same year they made their fortunes.

Good luck to all foxes, said through gritted teeth and friendly banter.

yeah no worries pal I know what you meant but when you get into the 5 figure range it's a different world you're talking debt clearing or house deposit level just wish I'd have put a bet on earlier

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

yeah no worries pal I know what you meant but when you get into the 5 figure range it's a different world you're talking debt clearing or house deposit level just wish I'd have put a bet on earlier

Put a little flutter on them myself, it will compensate a little the unbearable foxes round my way :D

Then again I'll remind them, until they've won the European cup twice and able to sing about like yesterday in a local derby, even though it was before many of them were born, you've won nothing ;)

• 10 months later...
On 04/03/2016 at 13:35, rynny said:

Wonder what the odds of Leicester being relegated next season are? If they make the group stages of the champions league next season I think they may struggle without serious amount of investment.

:whistle:

Archived