If Leicester win the league....

RamNut

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based upon the supposition that this season is the 'Worst Championship ever and we should be walking it' according to what various people who profess to know about these things based upon runes or tea-leaves have been spouting, can we conclude equally that it is the 'Worst Premier League ever' because Leicester are top and not bottom (and this despite the fact that several of the teams below them are still in Europe as we approach the sharp end of the season)?

I'll be over the moon if either Leicester win it.  Anybody other than Chelski, Manure, Arse-nal or Cit-eh winning it will make a change.  Plus it gives all other medium sized clubs the hope that they could one day do it.  Considering the amount of cash the big clubs spend these days it would be an achievement to rival Sir Brian's feats with ourselves and the scum up the road.

I know Spurs have spent a hell of a lot in the past but at least they're a properly run club that doesn't rely on sugar daddies or leveraged debt to fund their team.  

I want Spurs to win it tbh. It wouldn't kill me if Leicester did though. Ordinarily I'd want Arsenal to do it, just because I enjoy a lot of the football they play, but they're such serial bottlers and they can't really have any excuses this time around - Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool all underwhelm and they STILL can't f*cking with the thing? Jeez.

Ranieri's a shoe-in for Manager of the Year though, surely.

12 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

I want Spurs to win it tbh. It wouldn't kill me if Leicester did though. Ordinarily I'd want Arsenal to do it, just because I enjoy a lot of the football they play, but they're such serial bottlers and they can't really have any excuses this time around - Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool all underwhelm and they STILL can't f*cking with the thing? Jeez.

Ranieri's a shoe-in for Manager of the Year though, surely.

I used to love Arsenal but nowadays they're a joke and Wenger has ruined his legacy by being a stubborn old git.  Besides if they were winning stuff you wouldn't get comedy gold like these...

Claude is my new hero :lol:

As much as I don't want to put a negative on their season so far it wouldn't be as good as an achievemant as people are making out. The "top teams" in the premier league are so average nowadays. Put leicester in any other major european league and they would be nowhere near the top. Likewise put this leicester team in the premier league of 10 years ago and they would be nowhere near the top.

26 minutes ago, McLovin said:

As much as I don't want to put a negative on their season so far it wouldn't be as good as an achievemant as people are making out. The "top teams" in the premier league are so average nowadays. Put leicester in any other major european league and they would be nowhere near the top. Likewise put this leicester team in the premier league of 10 years ago and they would be nowhere near the top.

whether they do or don't it will be an amazing achievement by them. 

33 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Boll hooks. It's all you ever do is be negative.

Glass half empty? You got Bucko to throw yours at McClaren.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not disputing that but dare I say it Forest's achievement would still be better as they had competition from the victims(liverpool)

When Forest won the league they won it at a total canter, they were 7 points better off than the victims with a much better goal difference, they only lost 3 games all season, they definitely did not have as much competition as Leicester have this season at all

1 hour ago, eddie said:

1 hour ago, eddie said:

No I'm not negative in this forum. I'm realistic. Just because Im not deluded like b4 thinking we are better than every team doesnt make me negative

Archived