If Leicester win the league....

RamNut

I'm pleased that Leicester are still leading the league and may even be favorites at this stage to take the championship.   Unthinkable back in August but what they have achieved thus far is something to be applauded.

If they don't do it then would favor Manchester City.   That's to say I don't want any of the other challengers to take the glory.  Probably the most surprising title challengers since Watford in '83 but once again, it would be a fantastic achievement, not only for Leicester themselves, but English soccer as a whole, to see a team of this nature accomplish this achievement.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, rynny said:

Wonder what the odds of Leicester being relegated next season are? If they make the group stages of the champions league next season I think they may struggle without serious amount of investment.

Which they'll be able to do, with the champions league money & the new sky deal they'll be f00kin minted

12 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Which they'll be able to do, with the champions league money & the new sky deal they'll be f00kin minted

They will have to convince the players to come though. Not sure 6 Champions league games will make them a strong enough pull. Plus the players that have got them into the Champions league will believe they deserve a fair shot at it and will not be happy if they over spend. Will prove to be a difficult situation for next season regardless for them next year.

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

They will have to convince the players to come though. Not sure 6 Champions league games will make them a strong enough pull. Plus the players that have got them into the Champions league will believe they deserve a fair shot at it and will not be happy if they over spend. Will prove to be a difficult situation for next season regardless for them next year.

Didn't stop Man U signing players :lol:

21 hours ago, McLovin said:

As much as I don't want to put a negative on their season so far it wouldn't be as good as an achievemant as people are making out. The "top teams" in the premier league are so average nowadays. Put leicester in any other major european league and they would be nowhere near the top. Likewise put this leicester team in the premier league of 10 years ago and they would be nowhere near the top.

Man Utd - still in the Europa League

Spurs - still in the Europa League

Chelsea - still in the Champions League

Arsenal - still in the Champions League (ish)

Man City - still in the Champions League

This crap about the Premier League being weaker than ever is annoying. Money has been spread out more evenly meaning results are now far less predictable and cohesive team performances are trumping talented individuals. Look at Stoke and Southampton. No longer whipping boys and no one wants to face them. 5 or 10 years ago it wasn't the case.

43 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Didn't stop Man U signing players :lol:

But the calibre of player have signed is no where near what they used to sign, bar Di Maria. Look how many turned them down before they signed Fellani(!) and look at Liverpool, struggled to sign players, 2 of the most famous clubs and struggling to bring in the top players, I can't see how Leicester will manage to bring in the necessary players, could be like Chelsea this season without the quality to turn it around.

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

But the calibre of player have signed is no where near what they used to sign, bar Di Maria. Look how many turned them down before they signed Fellani(!) and look at Liverpool, struggled to sign players, 2 of the most famous clubs and struggling to bring in the top players, I can't see how Leicester will manage to bring in the necessary players, could be like Chelsea this season without the quality to turn it around.

I know what you're saying but who's to say they need world class players?  They're doing ok at the moment despite the whole team costing just under half a Di Maria.  Besides, it's not the Champions League you have to worry about when it comes to fatigue, that's the Europa League...  

The smaller teams in the Premier League are getting more competitive which is great.  It's not surprising given that they are massively wealthy compared to the vast majority of teams across Europe.  The lack of success of the Premier League's top teams in Europe recently does suggest that they have got a little weaker, which is strange given their unprecedented wealth. Probably just a temporary blip. The net result is a much more interesting Premier League...which is a good thing.  I hope Leicester win the league....but i wouldn't mind Spurs winning either. 

5 hours ago, rynny said:

While I agree, I'd swap their difficult next season for ours!

If they do go on and win it it'll be one of the finest achievements ever imo, up there with Greece winning Euro 2004, up there with Forest's European Cups, Leicester have a squad worth 22m quid, Man City spend that on a bench warmer, as do Chelski, Man Ure and Liverpool. 

We've spent more than that and continue to struggle to make the playoffs a tier down. Leicester deserve all the respect they've earned imo and I hope they do it.

won again and looking likely now, aresnal look out of it, 8 points adrift and becoming more demoralised as the season goes on, esp getting humped by barca in the champions league, spurs have a very difficult run in and man city look more interested in the champions league. 

2 hours ago, LesterRam said:

I don't understand why you are supporting Leicester, am I missing something, if I was thinking about this in a business sense I am losing stock value by having both Leicester and forest outperforming my own team.

Businessmen are hard-nosed small-minded ********. I'm glad I'm not a businessman.

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

Businessmen are hard-nosed small-minded ********. I'm glad I'm not a businessman.

Think of it what you like Eddie, Leicester winning the premier league is never going to increase our stock.

Advertising revenue for Leicester next year would be astronomical.

40 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Think of it what you like Eddie, Leicester winning the premier league is never going to increase our stock.

Advertising revenue for Leicester next year would be astronomical.

I just can't despise them like others can and do - perhaps that's because I captained Leicestershire in the County Championships and was lead-off for the Leicester Lions when we won the National League and for Rothley when we won the Midland scratch League 3 years on the trot.

Archived