D Block

Philmycock

I am in the east stand with some old friends and I love the view and position. but not much singing and I got told off by a certain "ms sucking on a lemon" when I suggested Bamford wasn't entirely honest and didn't know his Dad .. after he dived in the box last time we played M'borough. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Why not start them over your side and we will join in with you?

noise doesn't travel all the way from one end to the other so I cant hear you to join in with you.

hmmm maybe it will be easier for the noise to travel the same distance in the opposite direction so you can hear us and join in with us.

Bring back the noise we used to be noisy (I'm talking about Brighton game play offs 2nd leg) that was something else. Get on with it ladies and gentlemen x 

24 minutes ago, davenportram said:

noise doesn't travel all the way from one end to the other so I cant hear you to join in with you.

hmmm maybe it will be easier for the noise to travel the same distance in the opposite direction so you can hear us and join in with us.

When the south stand was the away end and they were put in the corner near the West stand the noise always seemed to travel well. I don't know if that is anything to do with the wall or the way the stand roof rises into the west stand, but it did travel well. When we were in the south east corner, people in other areas complained that we were not very vocal even when we did sing throughout the game. The acoustics in certain areas are a lot better than others. 

I'm near the SW wall. 15 -20 seats away. Row W. 

Not many sing near me. Have to be honest and admit I don't bother like I did earlier in the season. Not enough join and I get bored. 

Can't hear the right side very well because it breaks down way before it gets to us

24 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm near the SW wall. 15 -20 seats away. Row W. 

Not many sing near me. Have to be honest and admit I don't bother like I did earlier in the season. Not enough join and I get bored. 

Can't hear the right side very well because it breaks down way before it gets to us

we are right against the wall, lower tier. Few round us join in on the big chants but not the little ones

17 minutes ago, davenportram said:

we ate right against the wall, lower tier. Few round us join in on the big chants but not the little ones

Sometimes by the time the smaller ones have filtered across the right side have finished with it so we get one verse out and that's the lot!

56 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

I'd like to hear some chanting in the concourse before we even get to the seats.

Might get people in the right frame of mind for when they get into their seats?

I'm not singing pre-match with them D block w@nkers and their boyfriends

Never been in the D-Block lol 

Its either the south stand or the quiet family end for me depending what mood I'm in when buying the tickets. The adults can be just as idiotic as the kids sometimes in our ground, "why hasn't Martin scored a hattrick today, he's useless".... Jesus christ, and that was a man in his 40s.

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

You don't wanna know mate, vermin

Okay mate. Next time shout out to me and we can talk about your management for Derby County next season lol. 

6 hours ago, igorlegend said:

h As a teenager walking onto Columbo terrace and hearing "Ilkeston, Ilkeston" belted out sure was strange! 

Much as it pains me to say it, but the Middlesbrough fans are great at this chant both home and away (admittedly against us it at there place was their biggest game of the year). The whole of the stand starts with "we're the south stand, the south stand...." and then the north stand responds. Not that I am saying we should copy.... but it was good.    Besides, even Chelsea are copying our (or Wednesdays) bounce in a minute...

I'm in the east stand and we hear the right side very well, but the left side even if chanting is very quiet for us. 

Some of us do try and start chants our side, but with so few it's a real challenge. 

Most rely on any big chants from the south stand, or a challenge to chant from them. 

The right side left side chant could easily be changed to a

'we're the south stand'

responded to by

'we're the east stand'

with the away fans right in the middle, that could sound brill and be more intimidating for the away fans if done well. 

However, the struggles will continue I fear. 

Archived