DCFC Fans Podcast Announcement

Day

As you will have probably guessed already the DCFC Fans Podcast is finally happening, or should I say happened, last night myself, Ambitious and srg jumped on Skype to record the first podcast which may contain sausages and bacon. 

The original idea of us starting a forum podcast came up a couple of years ago, the Daveo and Boycie show if you like, I made it to the stage of running sound tests online with Rynny as it was to painful getting Boycie to even setup Google Hangouts, that's as far as it went, mostly due to my own laziness, personal circumstances and finding online dating rather enjoyable!

I would like to say the idea was put on hold but it in truth it was scrapped. 

Fast forward a year(ish) Joel launched a podcast over at dcfcpodcast.uk, he's doing (did) a great job over there, I know it was well received on this forum and social media, many were disappointed when he hung the microphone up at the end of last year. 

After Joel made the announcement srg suggested that this forum should start a Podcast, my personal circumstances have changed since and I'm now in a much better position to dedicate time to running a Podcast as well as a forum, the cogs in my head started to turn once again. 

I know we have the Mel Morris approved entertainers on the forum that should be comedians (his words) and if I could get them on for an hour, have a laugh, talk Derby County, the potential is there to have a great Podcast to compliment the forum.

With Google Hangouts being a nightmare last time I started looking into how you can record a Skype call, it's took a while as I've been extremely busy with the forum and other top secret projects I have planned for you all. 

During this time a new podcast The RamCast launched which is also very good, some people may see it as competition, Podcast wars if you like but in truth theirs will probably be more suitable to a wider audience as would the Him and Dad podcast (not sure of the history on this one sorry) than ours. I even allowed Dean to use content from our day with Mel from the forum on their website, we are all Derby fans right?

The DCFC Fans Podcast will be heavily linked to forum, our first recording had references to topics and members including Boycie, Eddie, Mostyn and McLovin. For those that don't follow the forum some bits would leave you wondering who we are talking about which I'm sure you put many off.

Not sure why you wouldn't follow and be a member on the second best Derby County Forum online but anyway! Derby Mad is the best I've heard on the grapevine, forum wars Zzzz!

I'm also not saying it won't be worth listening to if you're not a member as there will be plenty of Derby County talk to keep you going so please give it a try at least!

The DCFC Fans Podcast will be out fortnightly to begin with, we will listen to the feedback and take it from there. It will be recorded on Monday's and uploaded Wednesday's to iTunes via Podbean (links will be in the first Podcast), we may even look to upload to YouTube if there is a demand for it. I will be carried by fellow host Ambitious who will take on the football talk whilst I sit back, listen and try and learn a thing or two, we will also hopefully have a new forum member guest for each Podcast.

After last night we will have to drag srg back on, forget his trolling forum posts, he was very good and for me he made the Podcast (sorry Ambitious)!

If you want to come on and join us, you must be a forum member, you must have Skype and be free to record on Monday nights. Send me or Ambitious a PM and we will look to book you in, the next recording will take place on the 29th February and as of right now we have no guests penciled in so hit us up.

Most importantly we need you to really fill the comment section up with feedback, 0 comments will make us think nobody is listening or enjoying, if you want to tell me my voice is too deep, Ambitious sound is crap, it's too long, boring, that's great, we really want to hear all your feedback, positive, negative and will take it all on board.

A podcast is not something either have us have tried before and will take us a few to get into the swing of things, I also had a few audio issues where if I spoke Ambitious would cut out which we found out pre Podcast so I had to stay on mute for a fair a bit (probably best). I will look to iron out these issues as quickly as I can.

Thanks for reading and hopefully listening, off to edit now and the first Podcast will be with you very soon!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's just me but would you mind moving it below Football Talk in the order? I visit the top 4 rooms of the page everyday and the rest I'll browse every now and then. Now this is in the middle, not that I wouldn't use it, just that it might not get the traffic Football Talk does.

If other people disagree then that's fine it can stay where it is but I've got quite used to the format and paying attention to if any of the top 4 rooms have unread content!

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Maybe it's just me but would you mind moving it below Football Talk in the order? I visit the top 4 rooms of the page everyday and the rest I'll browse every now and then. Now this is in the middle, not that I wouldn't use it, just that it might not get the traffic Football Talk does.

If other people disagree then that's fine it can stay where it is but I've got quite used to the format and paying attention to if any of the top 4 rooms have unread content!

it's more to do with Derby though, like the top 3 (also, don't know about everyone else, but I always look from new content anyway)

1 minute ago, Srg said:

it's more to do with Derby though, like the top 3 (also, don't know about everyone else, but I always look from new content anyway)

I've not used that feature once. If a room has its name in black I'll go on it, right-click and open any threads in a new tab that I'm interested in, then mark the forum as read. It's not that much of a big deal really, it would just settle my mild OCD desires.

Just now, Kernow said:

I've not used that feature once. If a room has its name in black I'll go on it, right-click and open any threads in a new tab that I'm interested in, then mark the forum as read. It's not that much of a big deal really, it would just settle my mild OCD desires.

Oh god, all the extra clicks! you will give yourself RSI!

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

I think an 'Ask the panel' thread would be good, we could submit questions then you pick a couple out every week to answer.

Not 'Who's your favourite forum member ?' type stuff though, but a DCFC related one.

Good idea actually, a sort of Mailbag. Could throw in some on topic stuff, as well as the odd irreverent one on a slow news week.

24 minutes ago, Srg said:

Good idea actually, a sort of Mailbag. Could throw in some on topic stuff, as well as the odd irreverent one on a slow news week.

A seperate thread for feedback/suggestions too, keep everything neater.

Can't believe you record it at 10pm, bang goes my hopes of a guest appearance, unless you're looking for a decent Ollie Reed impression!

57 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

A seperate thread for feedback/suggestions too, keep everything neater.

Can't believe you record it at 10pm, bang goes my hopes of a guest appearance, unless you're looking for a decent Ollie Reed impression!

It's obvious why it's so late, girlfriends get jealous if boyfriends spend time away from said girlfriends.  Therefore, when said girlfriends go home or go to bed, said boyfriends can fill respective boots.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It's obvious why it's so late, girlfriends get jealous if boyfriends spend time away from said girlfriends.  Therefore, when said girlfriends go home or go to bed, said boyfriends can fill respective boots.

That's why they need new mics, to pick up their whispers!

I'll open a suggestion thread tomorrow,  as for feedback whack them in the individual Podcast threads that way we can connect the feedback to each one better.

Recoding time is a tricky one to get us all together as Ambitious goes to the gym, srg football and I'm usually in the pub, we may be able to work on the timing for some guests, something that we would all need to work on with the guest.

43 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I'll open a suggestion thread tomorrow,  as for feedback whack them in the individual Podcast threads that way we can connect the feedback to each one better.

Recoding time is a tricky one to get us all together as Ambitious goes to the gym, srg football and I'm usually in the pub, we may be able to work on the timing for some guests, something that we would all need to work on with the guest.

I'd suggest a separate suggestion thread each week stating the guest. That way the questions can be more personalised and will make for a better show than a load of generic questions. 

oooh just a thought. One of you guys (maybe srg as he seems most intelligent on football matters) record half time/full time summary at the game. Could be used to kick off a convo about recent games. Or just laugh and tell him hr talks ******.

maybe put a call to "old one eye" for a match report special one week. Used to love reading his match reports years ago. Anyone else remember him?

15 hours ago, Kernow said:

:blink: 

All of this is exactly what I do, even the part about opening each item I want to read in separate tabs! 

Didn't use the new content feature at first, but later on I found that drop down menu where you can customize your own specific content (for example the default I've set for now is any unread topic/post in rams/matchday/transfer talk), so now its a bit handier to use but I still often forget its there

But I agree on the podcast looking like it stands out in the middle of the other sections. Could be just a matter of getting eyes used to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived