An open letter to Mr Morris

Alan Ramage 4 EVA

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Mel's reading this board he should know that plenty of fans would be delighted with Pearson as new manager and believe it would make far more sense to bring him in now rather than miss out on the opportunity for promotion (and to try him out on a short-term basis), by waiting until the end of the season. @Alan Ramage 4 EVAdoesn't speak for the forum.

You don't have to like somebody to believe he'd make an effective manager; I liked Paul Clement very much as a person, but that's no good if he wasn't delivering what the club needed.

This is why we're struggling to get up, fans turn on someone and he's not even been appointed yet (if he does end up being appointed) How ridiculous are some of our supporters??

he got Fester up and kept them up, demands respect from his players, and takes no **** from the media, he's exactly what we need imo. 

If its Moyes, Rodgers, Wassell or even the bigger fruitcake that is Billy-eh then they should be supported regardless..

no wonder other fans think our club is a joke with this OPs attitude.

Apparently Lee Clark is a fabulous bloke, maybe he'd be a good candidate. Dean Saunders is without doubt a wonderful human being and a club legend, what a head coach he'd make. In fact, the best candidate appears to Shawn Barker - talks really well, has superb musical taste and does a lot of good work for charity.

Far better than considering someone who might actually be able to do the job!

Im not a massive pearson fan but if he was appointed i'd get behind him & i suppose he'd be entertaining when he goes mental. He's just not my number one choice for the job 

To be fair though schteves appointment was met with a mixed reaction, Wally with the brolly wasn't top of everyones wish list at the time but soon won over the fans with a good run of form and his charisma. I dont see why pearson couldn't do the same. 

23 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Im not a massive pearson fan but if he was appointed i'd get behind him & i suppose he'd be entertaining when he goes mental. He's just not my number one choice for the job 

To be fair though schteves appointment was met with a mixed reaction, Wally with the brolly wasn't top of everyones wish list at the time but soon won over the fans with a good run of form and his charisma. I dont see why pearson couldn't do the same. 

never mind Pearson, how about showing Wassall that level of respect?

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

never mind Pearson, how about showing Wassall that level of respect?

I have done ive been one of the ones saying give him a chance until the end of the season & if performances improved and we went up or got to a playoff final then their wouldn't be many that wouldn't want him in charge 

On 14 February 2016 at 21:45, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Dear Mr Morris

Before making a decision regarding the choice of a new Derby County manager (if you should decide we need one).

Please take into consideration what you think might be the "Derby Way".

If telling home supporters to"f**k off and die" is the "Derby Way".

If attempting to strangle an opposing player on the touch line during a first team match is the "Derby Way".

If whist holding a press conference calling a journalist a p*i*k on camera is the "Derby Way".

And finally if whilst holding another press conference refer to a journalist as being an ostrich. Then proceed to make crazy, unintelligible comments regarding whether or not the said journalist is flexible enough to bury his head in the sand or not.And generally behaving in a manner making it obvious that there is perhaps a slight chance of mental instability present is the "Derby Way " .

Then PLEASE appoint Mr Pearson if not then be warned and steer well clear.

Yours sincerely Alan Ramage

Bravo. Have a like from me!

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 22:00, Boycie said:

It's Kirk Hallam isnt it?

If it is, I'll get my sister to chase him out of town in her wheelchair. The most positive thing I could say about Pearson's occasionally strained mental state is "not as insane as Hoddle".

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 22:12, RiddingsRam said:

As fans surely we should trust the man in charge of our club to back whoever he sees fit to manage the 1st team ? 

As a person I'm not nigel Pearson s biggest fan but if mm thinks he's right,  I'm more to than happy to go with Mel's decision!  

Where on earth did you get that idea from? No argument is valid without pitchforks and firebrands.

Chances of Pearson wanting to work for Mel Morris? 

I would guess slim to none based on recent events and the way club affairs are generally being managed.

pure speculation on my part of course, but I am on a severe DCFC downer and I can't help but tie all of our problems up in a big coincidental bow that ties in neatly with Mr Morris' arrival. 

As I have said before, (I believe) McLaren was happy until our new chairman came along, and we were a better team with McLaren and rush working happily together. 

1 hour ago, Matt Carbon said:

I would guess slim to none based on recent events and the way club affairs are generally being managed.

pure speculation on my part of course, but I am on a severe DCFC downer and I can't help but tie all of our problems up in a big coincidental bow that ties in neatly with Mr Morris' arrival. 

As I have said before, (I believe) McLaren was happy until our new chairman came along, and we were a better team with McLaren and rush working happily together. 

As I have said several times on here,Pearson does things his way.He is nobody's yes man,he is abrasive and aggressive he will demand total control. I cannot see anything else but continual clashes. I can't see him taking the job,or being offered it.

1 hour ago, Matt Carbon said:

Hang about.... You were the one who were saying at the start of the season that Clement would not last until Christmas (good effort, by the way). Surely saying that you cannot lay everything at Mel Morris's door (other than to say that he perhaps should not have been offered the role in the first place, in which case then part of the blame would lie with Sam Rush, surely?)

Archived