Derby County v Burton Albion v Derby County

scarboroughwa

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Srg said:

Working in Burton... Worst nightmare. 

Don't they all say they support Stoke in Burton. When I worked at Clipper and Tradeteam that's all they said they supported...

3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Don't they all say they support Stoke in Burton. When I worked at Clipper and Tradeteam that's all they said they supported...

They probably travelled from that end of Staffs to work there. The Villa support tends to be south of Burton in places like Barton. Burton is still a Derby stronghold (being less than 10 minutes away). great to see Burton A. doing so well though.

1 minute ago, bcnram said:

They probably travelled from that end of Staffs to work there. The Villa support tends to be south of Burton in places like Barton. Burton is still a Derby stronghold (being less than 10 minutes away). great to see Burton A. doing so well though.

Yeah, got to remember Burton were still non league not many moons ago... I seem to forget that. Give it a a decade and I imagine there crowds will go up and stabilise

4 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

As Derby remaining in the Championship is a possibility, and Burton being promoted is likely, how would that go next season?

Clough at the helm and all?

I was listening to the Radio Derby’s introduction to the Burton match last night before I went out.  The commentators were saying a lot of positive things about NC bringing in a more open and attacking style of football.

Might be a good game to watch.

47 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Yeah I've lived and worked in and around Burton most of my life and can confirm its a bit of a Derby stronghold.  Go a bit further down the A38 (Alrewas and beyond and they are mostly Villa/Brum fans) but Burton and surrounding villages have a big Derby following.

Nice to see them doing well - I think Burton are massively overachieving but would be good to see them in the same division as Derby next season assuming we don't go up.

Archived