Compensation for staff.

TheDeadlySaul

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of concern expressed across a lot of threads about FFP. One question I would ask is 'why?'.. If we do get into trouble, the football league don't come along and take money away from all of the season ticket holders, they don't  ake you play behind closed doors, it just means we can't sign anybody for a bit (which considering some of the moaning about signings you'd think people would be happy) and possibly a fine or something?. Don't really see why its a big deal for the fans. Let the owners and directors worry about it.

It's not just Clement. He brought a few analysts from Real Madrid and it's likely that any new guy will want his own backroom staff too, so several of the coaches will probably have to be paid off. And then he'll want some guarantee of transfer budget. It's Mel's money but I'm surprised he's quite so profligate with it.

I was joking with a gump the other day that they're the worst-run club in the entirety of the Football League, being the only one under embargo. His response was to hope that Fridgey sells, as the guy means well and wants the best, but wastes his money and doesn't know how to run a club. Beginning to sound familiar.

2 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Considering we spent so much in the two windows and now we are paying compensation for Clement and most likely his staff, could we potentially fail FFP if we don't get promoted? Clement was rumoured to be on high wages. 

What will most likely happen is we will ship off about 11 players that no one will miss. Probably Bent, Sammon (finally out of contract), Albentosa, Shotton, Weimann, Blackman, Camara, Johnson, Baird, Roos and Pearce, 

We will probably end up with about £8m and obviously a significantly reduced wage bill. Warnock will also probably go too. 

That will be enough to see off any impending doom people think is on the horizon. We probably won't sign many players for a fee. We will have the likes of Forsyth and Hughes back. Bryson coming back now too and Buxton. Then there are youngsters such as Hanson, Bennett and Lowe who will get more of a look in along with Rawson. That's 8 players right there. I would take that 8 over the 11 I listed at the top any day of the week.They will mostly fill the whole left by the 11/12 leaving. We will probably buy 1 or 2 players on top of that and sign a couple on loan. 

My real concern is whilst all this is going on other clubs will poach our better players. Financially we actually won't need to move on anyone we don't want to. 

It concerns me greatly that if it is Wassall until the end of the season - a season in which we are still in a great position to challenge for the top 2 never mind top 6, it must surely be because we have no money for a new manager/head coach due to FFP, why else wouldn't you bring in someone else?!?

Archived