Guaranteed Starters...

Derbyram1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

No one in the squad should be guaranteed a start and it would only be bad management to allow anybody to think their place in the team unshakeable.

From a management perspective, I agree. From a fans perspective I only want to see Carson in goal :lol:

7 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

No one in the squad should be guaranteed a start and it would only be bad management to allow anybody to think their place in the team unshakeable.

I agree but I also think a team works best with a core set of players that are more or less first choice, perhaps if we had that in the current team we may not be having the issues we are having.

4 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Baird and Shotton 

it did say on sky sports they are both in contention for tonight.....contention for what it didnt state though,

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

it did say on sky sports they are both in contention for tonight.....contention for what it didnt state though,

That's worrying, I would not have Shotton anywhere near the first team.

Baird and Thorne, 2x holding midfielders might work??

11 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Think the only guaranteed at the moment are keogh and shackell

I was just about to post exactly the same - if fit, those two start - everyone else has proven to be 'droppable' (though I suspect once Carson has regained his place, he'll also join the club) - which is what you'd expect with a squad the size of ours - I just hope that in another month's time, there are 3-4 others who've made themselves guaranteed starters (which would suggest we've had a good few weeks)

1 minute ago, Derbyram1 said:

That's worrying, I would not have Shotton anywhere near the first team.

Baird and Thorne, 2x holding midfielders might work??

The closest i want Baird to thorne is if he agrees to do his hair before the game.

Archived