Are we even better than last season?

Sexydadbod

15 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Sorry but we got lucky v Hull from what I was watching after our 2 goals.. Hull missed a lot of chances.

Did they? Or did they miss just a couple and Carson save a couple? Always bugs me this, if a defender makes a block he'll get praise for a great block/tackle and good defending. Goalkeeper makes some good saves (you know, his job) and we were lucky. No luck about it, good keepers play well, make good saves and win you games. Just like every other player on the pitch.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

No, it hasn't. Karanka joined November 2013 replacing Mowbray. Ie our play off season. This is only his second full season and he achieved play off final in his first. 

Does this make any difference to my point at all?

The fans have gotten worse with the self-righteousness because we've spent a few quid. We are a championship team with championship players, we're not going to roll over every team we play. Today we were awful but the abuse being shouted towards players isn't going to help. Grant turned round to the SS to give some back, his distribution was shocking today but getting on his back made him panick and play stupid balls out. The SS is as big a hinderence as it is a help at times. 

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

The fans have gotten worse with the self-righteousness because we've spent a few quid. We are a championship team with championship players, we're not going to roll over every team we play. Today we were awful but the abuse being shouted towards players isn't going to help. Grant turned round to the SS to give some back, his distribution was shocking today but getting on his back made him panick and play stupid balls out. The SS is as big a hinderence as it is a help at times. 

Couldn't agree more, the SS like the payers need to start living up to all the hype! 

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Couldn't agree more, the SS like the payers need to start living up to all the hype! 

People are complaining of us playing boring backwards football, but anytime a player losers the ball they are slated. I don't blame them for looking for the easy pass and avoiding the abuse sometimes. This is the first season in all my years going I've noticed players giving some back to the fans. Baird, Ince and now Grant. I preferred it when we had no expectations.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

People are complaining of us playing boring backwards football, but anytime a player losers the ball they are slated. I don't blame them for looking for the easy pass and avoiding the abuse sometimes. This is the first season in all my years going I've noticed players giving some back to the fans. Baird, Ince and now Grant. I preferred it when we had no expectations.

Didnt martin have a pop aswell

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

The south stand were to my ears the only ones getting chants going today. Agreed, abuse is utterly pointless and I had words with a few today first half but to point the finger for shouting abuse at the SS is unfair.

Unfortunately it comes from everywhere.

1 minute ago, The 1884 Group said:

The south stand were to my ears the only ones getting chants going today. Agreed, abuse is utterly pointless and I had words with a few today first half but to point the finger for shouting abuse at the SS is unfair.

Unfortunately it comes from everywhere.

I'm in the SS I heard the abuse loud and clear. Johnson got no end of it today, he's not performing but getting on his back won't help. Its funny how anytime a player has reacted back its towards that stand don't you think? 

37 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I'm in the SS I heard the abuse loud and clear. Johnson got no end of it today, he's not performing but getting on his back won't help. Its funny how anytime a player has reacted back its towards that stand don't you think? 

Baird wasn't at the SS. I'm not defending those who spew vitriol at the players, but it feels like the south stand gets blamed for everything sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

It's taken them 3 years to get to where they are under the same set up so why can't we?

Yes, their coach has been there for a few seasons..,...... But didn't they bring in 10 new players last September?

So I don't get the logic.

59 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Does this make any difference to my point at all?

Which was?

If it was to infer that it's taken boro x years to reach their current competitive state and hence we should expect ups and downs then I was merely pointing out that the timeframe was inaccurate and would add that boro seem to have achieved pretty consistent improvement under karanka. 

We got worse last year then improved and now seem to have stepped backwards. 

Which is suggestive of an unclear strategy. 

Were you making a different point?

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

Yes, their coach has been there for a few seasons..,...... But didn't they bring in 10 new players last September?

So I don't get the logic.

You don't get the logic of having continuity with the coaching team and lot of the current first 11? 

Regardless of how many players they have brought in, you can't underestimate how precious time is as a football coach, things don't get put in place overnight. 

Archived