Are we even better than last season?

Sexydadbod

13 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Which was?

If it was to infer that it's taken boro x years to reach their current competitive state and hence we should expect ups and downs then I was merely pointing out that the timeframe was inaccurate and would add that boro seem to have achieved pretty consistent improvement under karanka. 

We got worse last year then improved and now seem to have stepped backwards. 

Which is suggestive of an unclear strategy. 

Were you making a different point?

Nailed my point but then compare it to a period of time which saw two completely different managers and two completely different approaches? 

Karanka has had 3/2/2.87, whatever you want to call it, seasons in charge and has laid down his philosophy from day one. PC is 6 months into the job, he's had one and a half transfer windows with a squad he clearly isn't chuffed with. He needs time. Karanka's had time, lots of it, to get it right and it looks pretty fruitful for them this year. 

I think it's pretty shortsighted to expect us to be running away with the league which is what my initial post is aimed at. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Nailed my point but then compare it to a period of time which saw two completely different managers and two completely different approaches? 

Karanka has had 3/2/2.87, whatever you want to call it, seasons in charge and has laid down his philosophy from day one. PC is 6 months into the job, he's had one and a half transfer windows with a squad he clearly isn't chuffed with. He needs time. Karanka's had time, lots of it, to get it right and it looks pretty fruitful for them this year. 

I think it's pretty shortsighted to expect us to be running away with the league which is what my initial post is aimed at. 

I see what you mean. I think my expectations of Clement are shaped partly by his reputation,  partly by way of assumption as to his involvement in the summer signings and also by what I have seen managers like karanka being able to implement. 

Whilst not expecting us to run away with anything I am faintly underwhelmed at present mainly as a result of the perception that when Clement becomes more active things seem to be worse.

9 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Karanka has had 3/2/2.87, whatever you want to call it, seasons in charge and has laid down his philosophy from day one. PC is 6 months into the job, he's had one and a half transfer windows with a squad he clearly isn't' chuffed with. He needs time. Karanka's had time, lots of it, to get it right and it looks pretty fruitful for them this year. 

You have to wonder if he's also had to much money thrown at him and bought in too many new faces, or rather someone has.    Ditto think he needs time, but all the signings have raised expectations which brings more pressure. Are we buying quantity over quality to fix what wasn't that far broke

Hope he copes with it and people around him stay calm in their decisions from now on in. Keep seeing posts about a new left back, what's the point if it's another Pearce, Baird or Bent type signing that doesn't get a chance, one more disgruntled seat somewhere.

Maybe at the end of the season we may improve on last year, but with all this transfer activity, if we don't go up, too many will see it as a failure I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

No, it hasn't. Karanka joined November 2013 replacing Mowbray. Ie our play off season. This is only his second full season and he achieved play off final in his first. 

So he is in his 3rd season then?

We are in our 7th season of the 5 year plan.and,the yanks bailed out.Mel bought in big time the Sam Rush plan,,for improving Derby County,,the man has spent millions on his dream,

We has fans can only support his efforts

Head coach is the format,and recruitment by the owner for the owner,with Sams help

Question is the format working------Find out in may

Archived