Ross Mccormack

ColchesterRam

3 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Know quite alot about football tbh and the championship, he had 1 good season at leeds and 1 half decent season last year.... he is 29.... wheres he been and whats ge done the rest of his career? Imo he is not in the top 5-6 strikers in this league both value wise and goals potential wise, so being outside that bracket for me he falls into the average category. There is a reason why he is 29 and not played in the premier league or cant get in the scotland team ahead of martin and the absolutely dire fletcher. 

Not in the top 5-6 in this league? Right... :ermm:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Daveo said:

my money would be on a striker nobody has ever heard of like Camara, a player that has even the hipsters reaching for their PS4 controller to check his stats on FIFA 16 yet Clement knows all about and has put forward to whoever says yes or no now.

Judging from the reports yesterday, this is not how it works. Didn't it say that Clement identified the type of player he's after, and the recruitment team identify possible targets. It has also been confirmed that mo camara identified abdoul camara. The best link they could manage with clement was to say that he knows Abdoul Camara's mate - chelsea's Gael Katuka.

Just to clarify, nowhere in that article does it say any team has places an £11m bid, they've used his last valuation to stir it.

Yes Fulham will wont to regain their money, which was obviously an overspend but will they actually achieve that? Maybe there's not as much interest in him and they've thrown extra teams in to try and push the value up a little.

So forgetting a monetary value does anyone think McCormack would add value to our squad? I do!

I also don't think his age is a problem. He now has experience, he is technically sound and still has the legs.

Look how many attackers Leicester went up with and how many Middlesbrough have. We do need these options!

47 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

What is this fascination with a 29 year old so so player? Whats the big deal with him? I rate him as bang average for the championship if that. 11m is absolutely ridiculous.... afobe is heaps and bounds more worthwhile, and more value for money, mccormack would be if signed, back up at best for the prem, i wouldnt pay more than 4m odd for him and thats the max. Many many players that are better than him that we can get. Big definate thumbs down. Let boro waste the bit of cash they have on him.

Deluded, or trolling? Hard to tell, but gave me a Tuesday morning giggle. Average for the championship, if that?

Really?

15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Judging from the reports yesterday, this is not how it works. Didn't it say that Clement identified the type of player he's after, and the recruitment team identify possible targets. It has also been confirmed that mo camara identified abdoul camara. The best link they could manage with clement was to say that he knows Abdoul Camara's mate - chelsea's Gael Katuka.

Not seen that, only that they had been monitoring him for a while, from his time at PSG I'm sure he would have been aware of him

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

whilst an accomplished player at this level, I'm not sure how and where, and if, he'd fit in and what we'd have to disrupt to fit him in.

It's a myth that we are struggling, and the league proves this, so we don't actually need to change things, and whilst Martin isn't scoring freely, he is contributing to team victories.

Those people that suggest Martin's absence last season knocked the wheels off our campaign, and in the next breath said Bent, in spite of his goals, doesn't contribute enough 'defensively', appear to be the same saying Martin should be replaced, for the purposes of replacing him with someone who does the same thing Bent did last season!

McCormack would replace Ince or Russell, probably the latter. He can play in Martin's position too, to some extent.

20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You said yesterday that it '... Seemed to be a Mo Camera signing', and you used the term amongst disparaging remarks about other players. You now say this is '...confirmed that Mo Camara identified the player'.

Where, and who by? I'm questioning, not doubting you, because I haven't seen anything anywhere.

McCormack would fit straight in on the wing and score goals with ease. I am not sure about his defensive qualities though. £8m million would do it. Afobe may turn out to be a £25 million player but who knows. He would presumably want to play as a centre forward. This would mean a formation change.

30 minutes ago, eddie said:

Deluded, or trolling? Hard to tell, but gave me a Tuesday morning giggle. Average for the championship, if that?

Really?

If McCormack is average at best with 15 goals, how many should the exactly average strikers have at this stage of the season? 20? 25?

And what about the good players? I reckon Martin will be disappointed if he doesn't net 80 goals this season.

We need that 80 goal a season striker. This guy ain't our man. Next.

1 hour ago, satty atwal said:

Know quite alot about football tbh and the championship, he had 1 good season at leeds and 1 half decent season last year.... he is 29.... wheres he been and whats ge done the rest of his career? Imo he is not in the top 5-6 strikers in this league both value wise and goals potential wise, so being outside that bracket for me he falls into the average category. There is a reason why he is 29 and not played in the premier league or cant get in the scotland team ahead of martin and the absolutely dire fletcher. 

He was pretty good at Cardiff under Dave Jones. 

PistoldPete2
50 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

McCormack didn't cost Fulham 11 million, it was a reported 11 million pound deal.

A Leeds fan reckoned they received 5 million up front with the rest depending on promotion and other things.  Seeing as Fulham never went up and aren't likely to this season, no where near 11 million changed hands.

No but the article mentions the fee of £11 million. Maybe just the way journos write but it does suggest that might be the fee now. 

Yes it is worded like that so it could be the case.

I'm sure Mel and Sam know what they are doing and anyone we buy will be done for the right reasons at the best price we can get at the time.

I was surprised at 4 million for Butterfield, but his goals alone are proving he is a shrewd signing. 6 million for Johnson was and still is a hefty amount, but we needed some steel in midfield and he is proving his worth.

exciting times 

Look at it from the other side, why would Fulham sell?

Under embargo which will be lifted in the summer so they can't really replace him, can you replace him through loans? haven't seen Forest able to do it.

6pts off the bottom 3.

Let's say they have only spent £5m and the rest is all add ons which takes it to £11m, he hasn't dropped in value with his goalscoring so they would want to recoup that at least surely, how much would it take to tempt them to risk relegation because when you take away his goals that's what you are doing, taking a huge risk.

For me that fee would be too high, I would be wanting £15m - £20m which sounds bonkers and it is, it's bonkers thinking Fulham would let us have him at a bargain price, any fee would have to cover the potential loss of earnings through relegation.

Switch back to our side, let's say we coughed up a big fee, it's ok, it's a drop in the ocean compared to what we will get from promotion. Ross McCormack will not guarantee us promotion. No player will guarantee us promotion even Messi.

Debut game, ACL, it's possible. Boro and Hull go up auto, we lose in play offs. 

I know the club say we have some movement but can we risk another large fee on top of what we have spent already and on a player that if things went tits up would lose money on? You could argue that an embargo wouldn't effect us, we have a great squad already, another season together we're sure to go up and then it doesn't matter as we're out of FL rules. Risky.  

For me, the signing would make no sense from either side. Cracking player mind you.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Maybe Fulham need to sell one of Dembele or McCormack.

Weighing up pros and cons, Ross is 29, if they can get what they can for him now they still have a young Dembele who they could sell at a later date.

Doesn't sound like they need to sell at all

Following the announcement made today by the Football League, Fulham Football Club can confirm that it faces a transfer embargo during the January 2016 window.

The embargo arises as the Club made an adjusted loss greater than the £6m limit allowed by the Football League in the year following relegation. The Football League has since recognised this limit is low, especially for clubs recently relegated with Premier League overheads in place, and the limit has now increased to £13m per annum. Unfortunately Fulham's embargo falls in the final year of the previous limit, but the Club does not anticipate being in breach in future years.

The action imposed by the League has been anticipated since the summer, which saw a sustained period of investment in the team with that understanding. The purchase of players such as Ross McCormack and Matt Smith (in summer 2014), to enable the Club to compete effectively in the League, were the result of that investment. The period of embargo will be imposed during January 2016 and the Club will be able to fully trade again in the summer 2016 transfer window.

It will still be possible for the Club to trade within the set FFP limits, and therefore the potential of recruiting players is still something that the Club will look to do, if the right players are available.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/24/club-statement

When you read that, look at where they are in the table, even if selling means they can strengthen the squad, it would make no sense to do that now and risk relegation with no way to replace either of them unless a ludicrous offer came in. Keep them both, promise them moves away in the summer if they are maybe wanting out as well.

Archived