Is it safe to come back on here yet?

ossieram

After the loss on Saturday to Boro, I made a decision to stay away from anywhere on the tinterweb where Derby "fans" would be discussing the result and I will definitely be steering clear of the moan in on RD tonight.

We lost a game of football where we were playing away to a team that don't concede goals and are top of the league and yet you would think we had been thrashed by the team sitting bottom of the league going by the response from some "fans" on social media and forums.

After all the years of crap we have suffered following Derby, why do we still have fans that can't accept that their could be times when we get out played without going completely over the top in their criticism of either the manager or the players?

Fair enough, have a moan and a chunter after the game, but get over it and move on. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Couldn't agree more.  Nobody is willing to consider context anymore or look at the bigger picture.  

What? Everyone is looking at the big picture, just because we are doing well doesn't mean that all issues become void. We've hardly been sensational this season, nothing wrong with having ambition and wanting to improve. I want promotion so I will remain critical of deficiencies just like the staff at the club should.

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

What? Everyone is looking at the big picture, just because we are doing well doesn't mean that all issues become void. We've hardly been sensational this season, nothing wrong with having ambition and wanting to improve. I want promotion so I will remain critical of deficiencies just like the staff at the club should.

I have Seen Derby fans calling for Clement to be sacked, are they looking at the bigger picture?

I'm usually in the match day chat when Derby are playing and admittedly I'll probably have a little moan straight after something has happened, but once the game is done I assess it and realise, we're not going to win every game this season and I've just witnessed our best ever start to a season in my life time, be grateful. Some other people, however, seem to go a bit over the top after a poor result/performance. They demand new signings after Mel has already spent more this season than the old board had over the previous combined 5 or 6 seasons. They write off our promotion chances because of 1 result, despite us still being the 2nd best team in the league.

But I kind of enjoy reading the negative threads, makes me appreciate my own approach to Derby games much more.

I too haven't been around, but not because of any ridiculousness (which is far worse on twitter) just because I have more enjoyable things to do than sit on this forum when I'm not working :lol:

I did check the Pub and transfer speculations occasionally, and I was here for the Matchday chats. 

2 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I would call having at the moment the same games points total as in 68/69. I would say we are doing very well,,we also had a crap start that season.

If we don't go up this season I will plait sawdust.

Proficy made.

Just now, tomsdubs said:

What? On here? I bet it was one retard out of 50 thousand of us.

If you read my opening post you will see that I mentioned Social media as well as forums.

I have got rid of twitter because of the amount of garbage posted and some of the crap I've seen on facebook has meant I have had to have a massive cull and am tempted to get rid of it all together.

I have no problem with people be critical as long as they think about what they are saying or posting and are realistic.

Just now, ossieram said:

If you read my opening post you will see that I mentioned Social media as well as forums.

I have got rid of twitter because of the amount of garbage posted and some of the crap I've seen on facebook has meant I have had to have a massive cull and am tempted to get rid of it all together.

I have no problem with people be critical as long as they think about what they are saying or posting and are realistic.

I just limit my Derby viewing. I don't follow everyone I see who's a Derby fan and I don't add people on facebook anyway lol. This is my place for Derby, in addition to the DET, RamsPlayers and the news. 

Having Derby heavy social media can be a real drag when things go badly. 

10 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Having a view on deficiencies is fine. I think what is being referred to is the almost hysterical response of some fans these days. We have no right to win everything at a canter. I'm not sure why many respond to a defeat or a sub par performance as if we have a right to win or a destroy the opposition. The only thing I can think of is that its become normal on the TV over the last 10- 15 years for a few elite teams to smash the opposition and some think we (Derby) should be doing the same.

I think its Eddie who has a good phrase in calling out a sense of "entitlement" that some fans have. We are not elite we are a very good Championship side. I don't get what they don't get................If you see what I mean.

9 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

I would call having at the moment the same games points total as in 68/69. I would say we are doing very well,,we also had a crap start that season.

If we don't go up this season I will plait sawdust.

Proficy made.

I imagine many people said the same last season when we were 5 points clear. We'll see, I just want us to get the job done, if we fail the piss take after spending 20m will be horrendous.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I just limit my Derby viewing. I don't follow everyone I see who's a Derby fan and I don't add people on facebook anyway lol. This is my place for Derby, in addition to the DET, RamsPlayers and the news. 

Having Derby heavy social media can be a real drag when things go badly. 

I've actually got rid of family members and people I have known for years. I don't have people on facebook that I don't know.

Just now, ossieram said:

I've actually got rid of family members and people I have known for years. I don't have people on facebook that I don't know.

lol, well no-one I know is a Derby fan really. If they are they're not vocal or don't seem to use facebook.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Having a view on deficiencies is fine. I think what is being referred to is the almost hysterical response of some fans these days. We have no right to win everything at a canter. I'm not sure why many respond to a defeat or a sub par performance as if we have a right to win or a destroy the opposition. The only thing I can think of is that its become normal on the TV over the last 10- 15 years for a few elite teams to smash the opposition and some think we (Derby) should be doing the same.

I think its Eddie who has a good phrase in calling out a sense of "entitlement" that some fans have. We are not elite we are a very good Championship side. I don't get what they don't get................If you see what I mean.

Yeah of course, I don't expect to smash teams every week but for a 20m outlay I won't lie I expected a bit more, not in terms of points obviously but in style of play. Totally happy with the points tally, just concerned with some elements of our play. People on twitter and facebook going OTT are muppets, wonder what they were saying during the Clough years?

Sadly thats the nature of people/football fans, they like to moan,blame and even worse (we all know what im talking about, they should be in prison )

I can honestly say that ive moaned a bit and can be accused of occasional pessimism.

But some are never happy, i would win a bet with anyone who took it that if and when we get beaten in the Champions League, there will be a stream of moaning about the same things, the manager/players/board( not buying a striker for 70million) its just the way it is....... 

I live by this motto ' please dont feed the trolls'

Archived