The Fawaz Circus 2016

25 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Nothing too serious I hope mate. Get well soon. 

A virus - may be ok in a few days, thanks. Very tired, which means that other little problems seem to become big problems.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, eddie said:

A virus - may be ok in a few days, thanks. Very tired, which means that other little problems seem to become big problems.

I've been the same mate, chest infection, so running around impersonating Slimer off Ghostbusters all last week. 

Doesn't help I work in a building with no air. Treat yourself fellow drones. 

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Impressive Dawnie, has attending the city ground given you good practice in holding your breath?

Haven't been in a while mate. Last game I got a chance to see was QPR at home (dreadful). 

Traded in my economical Honda and bought a Focus ST so I don't have as much money to transit the distance from Lincolnshire anymore..

#Fairweather

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I've been the same mate, chest infection, so running around impersonating Slimer off Ghostbusters all last week. 

Doesn't help I work in a building with no air. Treat yourself fellow drones. 

My problems pale into insignifcance compared to some, but my blood has a tendency to clot very easily (consistency of black pudding) and a difficulty in giving blood samples means that I have to take a 'new generation' anticoagulant (Xarelto) instead of heparin/warfarin, and that comes with a vast array of side-effects, and this week they've just got too much for me. Hence the week-long 'skive'.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

My problems pale into insignifcance compared to some, but my blood has a tendency to clot very easily (consistency of black pudding) and a difficulty in giving blood samples means that I have to take a 'new generation' anticoagulant (Xarelto) instead of heparin/warfarin, and that comes with a vast array of side-effects, and this week they've just got too much for me. Hence the week-long 'skive'.

I'm full of meds too mate. I have diabetes which is under control but it's a constant struggle to keep it that way. Anyone with diseases or viruses that require heavy medication have my complete sympathies... 

On 12 April 2016 at 21:59, HantsRam said:

Credit where credits due tigger,  you're a good lad at fronting up for your team and handling the brickbats. 

I very occasionally look at something called forestfans.net and can't imagine the sorts on there engaging in the way you do.

Anyway a question - presuming you just want this season over,  what are the hopes of the faithful in terms of management and team for next season?

I am pretty confident for next season.

I am sure Fawzaz has a squad of managers lined up.

5 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

He didn't say that :lol:

Did he??!

Kenny Burns column: I would take Jamie Ward over Tom Ince at Nottingham Forest any day of the week

By Nottingham Post  |  Posted: July 05, 2015

Jamie Ward being unveiled by Forest.

VIEW GALLERY

Comments (26)

I see the banter has already been flying around between Nottingham Forest fans and Derby County fans before the season has even begun – but what's new there!

First we had Reds owner Fawaz Al Hasawi responding to Rams fans on the internet with jibes going forward and backwards.

And then came Forest supporters giving as good as they got following the whopping £4.75m record transfer fee paid by Derby for ex-Reds loan flop Tom Ince.

I'm sure I was not alone in taking a double take at that fee when it came out. I mean, we're talking incredible sums of money for a player who simply looked ordinary and did not show his potential at all during his time at the City Ground last season – Hull City have done very well out of that deal.

The winger faired a little better during a loan spell with Derby at the end of last season, scoring 11 goals in 18 games, but I'm still with the Forest fans when it comes to comparing signings with connections to both clubs.

In the same week as Ince was sealing a move away from relegated Hull to the Rams, Forest were themselves officially unveiling former Derby forward and Northern Ireland international Jamie Ward on a free transfer – a move that we had known about for some weeks before this.

After the Ince announcement, those with a red persuasion were saying they would rather Ward than Ince any day – and I agree!

Ince is still only 23 but it feels like he has had as many clubs as a journeyman coming towards the end of his career with Blackpool, Palace, Notts County, Liverpool, Hull, Forest and Derby already among his list of clubs – along with the fact he very nearly ended up at Inter Milan not that long ago, if you believe the reports.

Definitely, Forest have got the better deal.

Ward has always been a Thorne in Forest's side when he's played against us. He's the sort of player that gets in people's faces, winds them up and annoys players.

I am someone who would like to see more of that, get players angry and annoy them – the art of being able to annoy someone on a football pitch is much underrated for me.

Ward is a wee energetic player who works in bursts. He's had a few injuries in his time so I hope he's over them now. We've got enough injured players already at Forest!

Where boss Dougie Freedman decides to play Ward is another matter. He can play on the left, but we already have Michail Antonio or Ben Osborn, who I like playing out wide on the left.

It might be Ward goes on the right or even behind the front man, time will tell I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Shuff264 said:

He's had a few injuries in his time so I hope he's over them now.

Yes, because that's how injuries in sport work. :lol:

I can sort of understand why he doubted the Ince move, he wasn't great for Forest in that loan spell. After all, I still can't be properly convinced by Michael Keane at Burnley, yet we all know he's slotted in much better.

But this is just what Kenny Burns does. All the time.

Does he deliberately leave himself with egg on his face so that he can eat it?

8 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I can sort of understand why he doubted the Ince move, he wasn't great for Forest in that loan spell. After all, I still can't be properly convinced by Michael Keane at Burnley, yet we all know he's slotted in much better.

But this is just what Kenny Burns does. All the time.

Does he deliberately leave himself with egg on his face so that he can eat it?

What I find strange is the wording, a "flop" at Forest, "faired a little better" at Derby scoring ELEVEN in 18. Just makes the man sound bitter, rather than having any genuine doubt.

51 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

He didn't say that :lol:

Did he??!

46 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Kenny Burns column: I would take Jamie Ward over Tom Ince at Nottingham Forest any day of the week

By Nottingham Post  |  Posted: July 05, 2015

Jamie Ward being unveiled by Forest.

VIEW GALLERY

Comments (26)

I see the banter has already been flying around between Nottingham Forest fans and Derby County fans before the season has even begun – but what's new there!

First we had Reds owner Fawaz Al Hasawi responding to Rams fans on the internet with jibes going forward and backwards.

And then came Forest supporters giving as good as they got following the whopping £4.75m record transfer fee paid by Derby for ex-Reds loan flop Tom Ince.

I'm sure I was not alone in taking a double take at that fee when it came out. I mean, we're talking incredible sums of money for a player who simply looked ordinary and did not show his potential at all during his time at the City Ground last season – Hull City have done very well out of that deal.

The winger faired a little better during a loan spell with Derby at the end of last season, scoring 11 goals in 18 games, but I'm still with the Forest fans when it comes to comparing signings with connections to both clubs.

In the same week as Ince was sealing a move away from relegated Hull to the Rams, Forest were themselves officially unveiling former Derby forward and Northern Ireland international Jamie Ward on a free transfer – a move that we had known about for some weeks before this.

After the Ince announcement, those with a red persuasion were saying they would rather Ward than Ince any day – and I agree!

Ince is still only 23 but it feels like he has had as many clubs as a journeyman coming towards the end of his career with Blackpool, Palace, Notts County, Liverpool, Hull, Forest and Derby already among his list of clubs – along with the fact he very nearly ended up at Inter Milan not that long ago, if you believe the reports.

Definitely, Forest have got the better deal.

Ward has always been a Thorne in Forest's side when he's played against us. He's the sort of player that gets in people's faces, winds them up and annoys players.

I am someone who would like to see more of that, get players angry and annoy them – the art of being able to annoy someone on a football pitch is much underrated for me.

Ward is a wee energetic player who works in bursts. He's had a few injuries in his time so I hope he's over them now. We've got enough injured players already at Forest!

Where boss Dougie Freedman decides to play Ward is another matter. He can play on the left, but we already have Michail Antonio or Ben Osborn, who I like playing out wide on the left.

It might be Ward goes on the right or even behind the front man, time will tell I'm sure.

Ahem...

Serious question here.  Do Reds fans actually value Mr Creosote's opinions???  Or like most normal people, do they consider him to be an illiterate buffoon who types out (with a single finger) a stream of consciousness after he's had an afternoon tipple, or six???

Archived