Great day today!

AmericanRam

I have been CPR certified for a long time now,and thankfully had never been in a situation where I had to use it.Today at the library I finally did have too though and I am proud and happy that I was able too keep this gentleman alive long enough for the paramedics to arrive and take over.Happy to report he is doing fine. :)

Just out of curiosity anyone else on here CPR certified or have performed it on somebody before?

I think it is a great thing to know how to do.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

I have been CPR certified for a long time now,and thankfully had never been in a situation where I had to use it.Today at the library I finally did have too though and I am proud and happy that I was able too keep this gentleman alive long enough for the paramedics to arrive and take over.Happy to report he is doing fine. :)

Just out of curiosity anyone else on here CPR certified or have performed it on somebody before?

Well done sir! 

4 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

With a dicky ticker, the guy should be more careful about the sort of books he reads!

Seriously though - well done, must be a great feeling to think you may have saved someone's life

10 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

my missus is a St Johns Volunteer and has a number of times, more common at football games than events apparently lol

12 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Well done my friend.Strongly believe CPR should be taught in schools.Have had to perform this and many other live saving techniques in the 28.5 years i have worked for the ambulance service.24 of them as a Paramedic.

I think it's Switzerland that they teach it and first aid to all kids at the start of school and every year up until they leave. 

And their survival rates for cardiac arrests are about six times better than ours or something, because of the trained ability of bystanders. 

Speaks for itself. 

13 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

yes and yes many times, good work AR, you did well on your first as survival is about 10-1:D

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

well done that man

don't you have to have insurance to provide CPR in US given a number of 'saved' people have subsequently sued their savers or is that a BS story

It has happened, and was brought up as part of my training - if you have completed a first aid course in the UK, First Aid at Work for example, then you are covered by this in case you have action against you.. Assume US CPR certification does similar.

Archived