Giving weather names

Day

First Barney, now Desmond. Stop it whoever has started this rubbish.

Oooh do you remember Storm Desmond in December 2015, it rained quite a bit. 

Bloody Americans this you know, if they go to war we go to war, they name their storms we name our storms, they watch American Football we watch American football, they call their missus bae we call our missus bae. 

May as well whack a few Stars and Stripes on our flag and develop the most annoying accent in the world.

It's not that I hate America, I like the amount of cheese they put on food and I used to watch Baywatch.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Daveo said:

First Barney, now Desmond. Stop it whoever has started this rubbish.

Oooh do you remember Storm Desmond in December 2015, it rained quite a bit. 

Bloody Americans this you know, if they go to war we go to war, they name their storms we name our storms, they watch American Football we watch American football, they call their missus bae we call our missus bae. 

May as well whack a few Stars and Stripes on our flag and develop the most annoying accent in the world.

It's not that I hate America, I like the amount of cheese they put on food and I used to watch Baywatch.

Maybe you shouldn't have lost the Revolutionary War?

23 minutes ago, Daveo said:

not really. With weather patterns shifting, and more study into it, it makes sense to name the storms so people know which big storm they are referring to.

Thing is they already have a colour system, yellow, Amber and red. The met office somehow think that by giving them names as well people will be more aware of weather. 

If you want to make people more aware of the weather get in touch with phone companies, they already have inbuilt warning systems coded in. Whilst the missus was in the US she had a notification warning of a madman with a gun on the loose. 

In Grimsby we have a flood siren for severe weather.

Calling it Desmond does nothing. 

Archived