Jason shackell appreciation thread

deanoakaram4life

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tremendous performance

calm, assured, holds his position, blocks off the opponent with his strength, tremendous

we've recruited well this year.

carson has given us a better option, shackell is immense, johnson and butterfield are doing really well, weimann played well today, baird and pearce offer decent cover.....thats seven good signings

ince has had a slow start but will hopefully find some form soon.

No player in this league wants to play against Shackell, or Keogh for that matter. They are still getting better. If Christie continues to improve, he will be worth a lot of money at the end of the year. I would have driven him to another club last year! Forsyth had renewed confidence yesterday. The defence simply does not expect to concede. It looked a very solid unit yesterday.With Thorne, Johnson and Butterfield in front of it it is hard to get past us.

Think his passing has improved massively.

First time he was here it was too many Hollywood passes to people in the stands

Start of the season I thought he was most guilty of killing tempo. Always passed half a yard behind the players either side of him

Lately he's been doing those lovely disguised passes. 

Rotherham clearly decided he was the one player they'd stand off because he can't hurt them and I thought he used that space very well. Even putting a good through ball for Weimann that Weimann didn't quite read. 

Dominant in the air

Stays on his feet

Calm and confident

good looking

fit missus

If he scores 5 goals this season then I get £1,000. 

4 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Shackell, bit leggy, all left foot, turns slow, needs good defensive partner....................bit like Mckay and Stimac really! :thumbsup:

Ffs 

M.   A.   C.   K.   A.   Y

Archived