Matchday Hospitality Experiences?

Alex W

Hello Folks,

I'm considering working a few extra hours over Christmas and paying for my grandparents to enjoy matchday hospitality in the spring, preferably with the seating right outside the hospitality suite option available. I'm aware of the prices but can probably swing it, I don't however want to throw money at something that is nice but not quite worth a couple of hundred quid to experience.

My grandad's had a slightly rough year health wise (he'd be fine for the match but has recently given up regular games due to the cold) and so it'd be nice to treat them so I'd be grateful if anyone who's experienced the Matchday Hospitality, particularly if you had the £150 experience. I assume the view is decent from there when seating is supplied as it's akin to the press box in height level which was a great view, I did wonder if it's sheltered from the elements at all however etc.

Any experiences or thoughts on the food, treatment etc would be appreciated, I've got other plans for them if not but I think they'd enjoy the full three course meal part with time to relax during a game rather than the usual trip on the Heanor bus. I've no doubt that it's a good experience but I've no idea quite how good, I don't actually know anyone personally who's had it. Cheers!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Folks,

I'm considering working a few extra hours over Christmas and paying for my grandparents to enjoy matchday hospitality in the spring, preferably with the seating right outside the hospitality suite option available. I'm aware of the prices but can probably swing it, I don't however want to throw money at something that is nice but not quite worth a couple of hundred quid to experience.

My grandad's had a slightly rough year health wise (he'd be fine for the match but has recently given up regular games due to the cold) and so it'd be nice to treat them so I'd be grateful if anyone who's experienced the Matchday Hospitality, particularly if you had the £150 experience. I assume the view is decent from there when seating is supplied as it's akin to the press box in height level which was a great view, I did wonder if it's sheltered from the elements at all however etc.

Any experiences or thoughts on the food, treatment etc would be appreciated, I've got other plans for them if not but I think they'd enjoy the full three course meal part with time to relax during a game rather than the usual trip on the Heanor bus. I've no doubt that it's a good experience but I've no idea quite how good, I don't actually know anyone personally who's had it. Cheers!

Very much worth it... When I was at Toyota they had a box there.

Decent meal. Drinks bought to you... Nice seats. My eldest loved it when I took him (5 at the time) made a right fuss of him.

Sat behind all the media folk etc. And see plenty of old Rams faces knocking about. Get a Program and Teamsheet. 

I know now some will say that you shouldn't watch football like that etc... Prawn Sandwich brigade etc....

But it is a great day... And as a treat for a relative... Very much worth it.

If you ask the club to make the experience a bit more special etc. I'm sure they would oblige. 

Well run  facilities and nice to watch a match from 

I've been a few times through a contractor who worked with me so it didn't cost me anything but I would consider paying to take someone for a special day out.

I was impressed with the food.

Drinks depends what you like.

I sat in the West Stand but I didn't have a choice where to sit.

It was when we were last in the Premier League the games weren't up to much.

I've only enjoyed the matchday hospitality once - that involved a seat in the Directors Box as a guest of the club, a cup of tea and sandwiches at half time, but a couple of snifters after the game with the Chairman.

It was 35 years ago though, so it might be a different now.

:D

I've done the corporate a few times with work and been in a box which has its own seating area outside, (no drinks out there or even stood in the doorway!)

Also sat in the main area on a table with match seats up in the west stand like Gritters said.

same experience as Gritters, table service, nice food, although can be a little cool by the time it gets to you and served out.

the deals you buy for people are different I assume, you'll probably be on a large table with others? Not sure, best to check, but I have seen tables for two in there also.

theres normaly a pre match chat with Roger Davies and a player who's maybe not involved for the game. (Probs Dawkins)

itll be a pay bar with the waiter fetching your drinks and keeping a tab etc.  you settle up after the game I think?

the boxes are good and you get your own waiter or waitress, a tv monitor of the big screen in there,  and all the snaps brought in and drinks ready for half time etc.

i think you can do deals where you can still use your ST seat and save a bit of money too.

i think they'd enjoy it, but would ask if they'd be alright sharing a table etc.

oh, they have raffles etc, there's some decent prizes and sometimes sponsors chuck in prizes too.

Everything Boycie says but if you get a private box just make sure it is actually private... we paid full whack for one and all they did was put screens up in the suite. 

When I complained they said the boxes were full, all they did was bring a load more drink to the table which was free anyway...

No way would I pay for a box again, a dinner in the suite looked good enough.

Been in the RR box a few times through work and it's a cracking day! 

Bottles of red and white on the table , all drinks bought to you, good quality nosh and a comfy seat just outside the box .

Actually got in for the Forest 5-0 ! 

Ok, I didn't pay for the 'box', but for what you've been quoted for the 'experience',I'd say do it. 

I've been offered places in boxes in the past and have declined the offer, It's just not for me and I don't think my matchday language would go down well with a few of the others in that area. If the ref is a bit of a flange, I like to let him know.

Have done it a couple of times through a mate who worked fairly high up for a very large multinational. Had table for 4, nice food, decent seats, said hello to Roger Davies..no queue for toilets, drinks and snacks all sorted for you at halftime. Very pleasant...

But like RicME85 said, I didn't pay for it and so honestly? I probably wouldn't do it myself if it's very expensive, better value to watch the game and go for nice meal elsewhere. 

Definitely worth doing - never had a bad experience of a hospitality package at Rams and I've been lucky enough to have had  plenty over the PP years (albeit as a non-paying guest) in a variety of formats. Always seems very classy and they work hard to make you feel 'part' of the club, if you get my meaning,  by having ex players around etc. (Once got invited with my table to go up and meet with Lionel and the Board after the match - nice touch). You get good seats 'in the crowd' not sat behind some perspex getting the crowd noise through a speaker. And I would be happy to pay for it as a present for someone. Your relatives will find it a very memorable experience. 

My advice would be to go for a table in the lounge in the West Stand. Good atmosphere, great to share a table and experiences with fellow Rams fans, no worries about traffic and queuing, good seats, great day.

Not sure if they still do it but I would probably avoid the one's hosted at David Lloyd round the corner - much easier if on site at PP.

Also, compared to lots of other clubs where I've been to their hospitality (including Man U, Spurs, Newcastle, Forest , Blackburn ) , we stack up very well. 

Definitely worth doing - never had a bad experience of a hospitality package at Rams and I've been lucky enough to have had  plenty over the PP years (albeit as a non-paying guest) in a variety of formats. Always seems very classy and they work hard to make you feel 'part' of the club, if you get my meaning,  by having ex players around etc. (Once got invited with my table to go up and meet with Lionel and the Board after the match - nice touch). You get good seats 'in the crowd' not sat behind some perspex getting the crowd noise through a speaker. And I would be happy to pay for it as a present for someone. Your relatives will find it a very memorable experience. 

My advice would be to go for a table in the lounge in the West Stand. Good atmosphere, great to share a table and experiences with fellow Rams fans, no worries about traffic and queuing, good seats, great day.

Not sure if they still do it but I would probably avoid the one's hosted at David Lloyd round the corner - much easier if on site at PP.

Also, compared to lots of other clubs where I've been to their hospitality (including Man U, Spurs, Newcastle, Forest , Blackburn ) , we stack up very well. 

Forest, dirty *******. Hope you booed.

Is your Grandmother really going to enjoy it?

Absolutely, me and her were at several Forest away games together, including the 3-2 Commons night match and the following 3-1, she's as Derby mad as he is I assure you! She still has a season ticket.

Archived