First home game advice required v Burnley

ColonelBlimp

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all, am going home after the game then back up to Wolverhampton the next day for my eldest's graduation.

I usually go M27/A34/M40/M6 to go there so I'm wondering if that would be a better route than M25/M1 to get to Derby?

Morning Colonel. I live nr Southampton and use the M3/A34/M40 and then depending on warnings from satnav i will either go...

M40/M42?M1 (just Nottingham bit)/A52

or M40/A43/M1/A52

The stadium is on the east of Derby just off A52, so you would preferably avoid coming up the A38 from the Litchfield/Walsall/Wolverhampton direction as you will then have to get through Derby.

Our usual match travel time is about 3 hours from here - a lucky run will do it in about 2.5, it is about 180 miles from us.

The risky road is the A34. If theres any problem on it there is no way round - its really rural for about 30 miles across Berkshire/Oxfordshire. Keep your traffic program on if you have it in the car.

Good Luck!

Hants.

Personally I think parking a bit further away is better for getting away after the game... Me and the old man will be joining you on the M1 after the game to get back to work on Tuesday...

We always park in Chaddesden and walk over the footbridge... Couple of semi decent boozers over there for some grub and easy to find the bridge by following the people in Football shirts!

Curious about this and Alvaston. Non permit areas I presume? long walk?

Would like to visit the town, then drive back out a bit for the game.

Dammit, need a map!

Archived