Iceland Makes Football History

ramit

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramit what do you think of iceland having 2 managers? Do you think other teams can adopt a similar sysyem?

i find it fascinating that it can actually work.  Two captains in the bridge is usually a very bad idea but Lars and Heimir Hallgrímsson have made it work very well indeed.  Partly it's understandable that Lars not being very knowledgeable about Icelandic players and football mentality here would get assistance from a local football manager.  They keep saying they are equals when it comes to the team, but everyone here knows that Heimir has been a sort of assistant to Lars in training to take over from him after the EU finals.  It's a fantastic opportunity for Heimir to learn from the old master. 

The Swedes want Lars back, but they won't pry him from us.  He is like a god to us here, if he applied for citizenship he would get it pronto and he could become president if he wanted to.

Would like to avoid Iceland though, think they could be underdogs for Euro 2016. 

Shh, don't tell anyone, we want to be fully underestimated when the time comes.

It was luck, all luck i tell you, more teams come through this time than ever before so that explains it also and we're crap, pure utter crap, we have one player capable of getting a lucky shot in once in a blue moon and the rest are a pile of *****.

That aside, i too hope that we don't get England in our group, you guys would tease me endlessly after England beats us 14-1

Archived