Thanks Big Sam.

Rev

Since Sam Rush's appointment, it seems to me we've been on a steady upwards projection, off the field at least.

Ever growing commercial deals, and the resultant income has allowed us to finally compete at a level in keeping with the size of the club, and it's massive support.

This promising new era would never have arrived under Glick, and his softly softly catches monkey approach, we've needed a CEO who grabs the club by the balls and ends the underachievement culture present beforehand. 

Now we just need the results on the pitch to match the success off it, and I believe they will, and we'll be laughing all the way to the Premier league.

Thanks again SR, have a feeling this season's CEO of the year will be well deserved!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Sam Rush's appointment, it seems to me we've been on a steady upwards projection, off the field at least.

Ever growing commercial deals, and the resultant income has allowed us to finally compete at a level in keeping with the size of the club, and it's massive support.

This promising new era would never have arrived under Glick, and his softly softly catches monkey approach, we've needed a CEO who grabs the club by the balls and ends the underachievement culture present beforehand. 

Now we just need the results on the pitch to match the success off it, and I believe they will, and we'll be laughing all the way to the Premier league.

Thanks again SR, have a feeling this season's CEO of the year will be well deserved!

MM might have helped a tad

Not a good day for Ronnie to launch his Sam Rush thread.

:)

I think it's actually the perfect day for me to launch it.

On the back of the most exciting day in the clubs recent history, at least I couldn't be accused of jumping on a failure, a bad mood cloud or a bandwagon.

As it is someone made a very good point on the transfer deadline thread. Which was to let everyone enjoy today. 

I can see why you're all buzzing so I'm fine to do that. I used to hate it when for example we'd just beaten Watford 5-1 and someone would come on and start a Clough out thread to spoil the mood and I don't want to be like that at all.

My feelings on Sam won't change from today until a few days times, it's got nowt to do with what the club spends.

21m in this window. That's some huge ballsy spending and now players, coaches, managers and even CEO's have no further excuses.

What is it with people and Sam Rush. Did Sam Rush go out and spend £20m of his own money this summer? I would think most people in his position could get the players in when the owners back them and the club get's 30,000 fans packed in their ground every week. The real praise lies with the owners. 

The thing about all our spending, is i'm not worried about it financially at all, becuase we have big sam, the club has gone strength to strength since he joined and is only getting stronger

people are saying to thank mel, which is just but are underestimating big sam, hes the one who will do most of the negotiating with other clubs, if it wasnt for sam or the confidence shown in him, then i doubt mel would have put the money into the club to buy all our players.

it was sam that had the balls to kick clough out of the job and bring in maclaren, he didnt have uncle mels financial backing for that, that was all on him, and hell did it pay off, for we wouldnt be in this position if that hadnt happened, it was big sam that brought the thorne deal over the line against jeremy 'you cant beat me' peace, he pulled ince over the line, and most recently took bradley johnson and jacob butterfield, who scored and created the most in the league last season, it was sam that took us up to cat 1 rating for our facilities and sam that has been over the renovations of moor farm, and again sam that is responsible for the extra funding received under deals such as the ipro and just eat sponsorships that has allowed this to happen

weve spent a lot of money, but i can gaurantee that we would have spent a hell of a lot more for the same quality/players if not less without mr rush heading us as CEO

there's no arguing weve spent money, in fact weve done similiar in transfer fees to teams that get promoted to the premier league, however despite all the expectations from other fans of other clubs i would be willing to bet my left testicle that we wont receive a transfer embargo, as we have the advantage of one of the best CEO's in the football business, he knows what hes doing, he isnt going to get the club in financial trouble, he doesn't mess around, if he wants it he gets it

theres one thing thats certain, we may not be a premier league club on the field, but off it we most certainly are

Dig beneath that hard man exterior, and you'll find a human being, same as us all.

Cut him, does he not bleed?

Chief executives are just the same as you and i, a fool such as i, all men are brothers until the day they die, it's a wonderful world

Archived