Road Closed

RESS511

Im all for it. Its greatly improved getting away from the ground as a pedestrian and has cut down on the road rage you get fro mostorists trying to squeeze through supporters. Having parked on pride park for the middlesbrough game as a one off, it amazes me there is so many people willing ti pay 5 or 6 pounds to then have to sit in a queue for the best part of an hour. Any normal person would walk from town, or park in chad or somewhere else, where the walking distance to and from your car is minimal.

Some of us aren't that great at walking any more - does that make us not normal in your mind?

Anyway, we take the opportunity to either have a coffee or listen to Radio Derby for three quarters of an hour after the game. Saturday after the Dirties game wasn't too bad either - I was surprised that we were able to get out fairly well at about 2:45 pm and head down to my lad's place at Keynsham.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The large car park near them. How is this illegal?

It is for retail use only. Shoppers. 

You aren't paying to park next to the ground. Just think you have a cheek to not pay, park next to the ground then moan you can't get away quick enough.

Try putting 'the moon on a stick' in the club suggestion thread.:thumbsup:

You aren't paying to park next to the ground. Just think you have a cheek to not pay, park next to the ground then moan you can't get away quick enough.

I'm happy with a balloon on a stick.

Oh didn't realise the large car park was for retail too, thought it was just the spaces near the stores. Often do use subway, dw or sainsbury's anyway :)

Oh didn't realise the large car park was for retail too, thought it was just the spaces near the stores. Often do use subway, dw or sainsbury's anyway :)

You just thought it was a massive free car park next to the ground when the club charges £8? a go for the other car parks? Really?

You just thought it was a massive free car park next to the ground when the club charges £8? a go for the other car parks? Really?

Yep. I'm always a passenger to Derby games so haven't looked at how much it is to park. 

Because whenever they don't close it people almost get run over. I can count at least 3 times last season when cars or bikes were trying to mow over pedestrians which led to fights. There is no way that 30000 people can all fit on the pavement trying to get away from the ground. 

I was driven into after a match last season by a car trying to get out a car park. Admittedly it was at a fairly slow speed, nevertheless it was enough to get the adrenaline flowing, the fist sized dent in the guys bonnet is evidence of it.

Parking inforcement around match days is being looking at to be stepped up, 'free' car parks will have 60 min restrictions for match days, except where the stores own the land (sainsbury's and Costco).  Double yellows or match day parking restrictions along Notts Road (from chad park road to cherry tree hill PO), Chad Lane and Reg Road, up to Main Drive including side steets like Sunny Grove etc.

One of the reasons is because match day is less and less at 3pm on a Saturday, and its a good income stream for the Council.  Residents to be approached in the next few months...If, and its a big if, they can make the numbers add up.

According to a mate in Town Planning, it used to be the case that parking restrictions had to be for a specific time and /  or day, but could not be for "match days only".  Unless the regulations have changed, the only way would be to block most / all of Friday to Wednesday throughout the year.

Consider the Cattle Market car park, £3.00, but if these restrictions do materialise you will need to be there much earlier than currently!

You obviously haven't been near the Cattle Market recently Dordogne - £6 per match now.  They've spotted a fleecing opportunity

I really don't 'get' Councils - generally, not just Derby's - people who can and want to use public transport for events or shopping generally do.  Those who use cars do so either because it's more convenient or the only realistic way of getting to a place on time.  Why not embrace that and make it as easy (and cheap) as possible to get in and then out again?

Parking inforcement around match days is being looking at to be stepped up, 'free' car parks will have 60 min restrictions for match days, except where the stores own the land (sainsbury's and Costco).  Double yellows or match day parking restrictions along Notts Road (from chad park road to cherry tree hill PO), Chad Lane and Reg Road, up to Main Drive including side steets like Sunny Grove etc.

One of the reasons is because match day is less and less at 3pm on a Saturday, and its a good income stream for the Council.  Residents to be approached in the next few months...If, and its a big if, they can make the numbers add up.

so the free car parks on pride park that are owne d by businesses will still be free.

spoke to some residents in Chad on way to ground and they didn't mind the parking. Will they want to pay for permits? The council will want to make money so charge residents for permits to cover costs.

so the free car parks on pride park that are owne d by businesses will still be free.

spoke to some residents in Chad on way to ground and they didn't mind the parking. Will they want to pay for permits? The council will want to make money so charge residents for permits to cover costs.

They kick the idea around every few years or so its up to the businesses what they do.  Costco have security checking membership cards, personally if I was the Costco boss I would section off 50 spaces and charge for them, that CP is huge and never full

They kick the idea around every few years or so its up to the businesses what they do.  Costco have security checking membership cards, personally if I was the Costco boss I would section off 50 spaces and charge for them, that CP is huge and never full

Thats what Tos R Us do with their back car park near the roundabout.

Archived