Derby County v Leeds United

Mafiabob

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hendrick is a waste of a position in current form.

I'd love to see:

------------------------Carson----------------------

--Baird-------Keogh-----------Shack-----Fozzy--

--------------Hanson----------Thorne------------

-----Ince-----------Weimann----------Russell---

-----------------------Martin-----------------------

But I'm guessing Weimann's form doesn't exactly justify it.

I'd love to see:

You think Hendrick should miss out because of poor form but that Weimann should start, despite being on worse form, and in a formation that doesn't really suit us? You'll have to explain that to me.

You think Hendrick should miss out because of poor form but that Weimann should start, despite being on worse form, and in a formation that doesn't really suit us? You'll have to explain that to me.

Weimann hasn't really had much game time to be judged on yet and has usually been pushed out wide. I wouldn't mind seeing him being played more centrally. 

I certainly don't think he's in worse form than Hendrick. Hendrick has been a passenger, and in central midfield that's inexcusable for me.

If not for a wonder save Weimann would be getting a start.

I thought the 4-2-3-1 served us well against Birmingham and I'd like to see us try it again.

I certainly don't think he's in worse form than Hendrick. Hendrick has been a passenger, and in central midfield that's inexcusable for me.

If not for a wonder save Weimann would be getting a start.

I thought the 4-2-3-1 served us well against Birmingham and I'd like to see us try it again.

His original shot was poorly hit and going wide. Why would that earn him a start?

God knows what the team will be for this one I'd go:

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Forsyth 

Ince   Thorne  Hanson  Russell

Bent     Martin

Possibly Baird for Hanson then Christie at RB? Liked Bent and Martin together a sharp Bent would've had a hat trick against Birmingham last week so lets hope he's sharp tomorrow. 

COYR               

Wow, 2 games difference. That matters a lot when seasons can go on past 50 games. One start he only played 40 minutes going off with injury...

Personally I wouldn't play Weimann and go with Bent and Martin up front, but Hendrick has had an average start to the season and doesn't justify having a place over Hanson. 

I'd love to see:

Thought Hendrick was starting to play well against Boro before he was injured.

I would rather we didn't play 4-3-3 as Rosler seems to know how to beat us when using that. I would like a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 with Hanson and Thorne in that midfield. Hanson offers more defensively then Hendrick so I think will be more suited to that role.

Tough one to call in CM

Hanson in good form and confidence but hasnt shown much of an attacking threat and playing in a midfield 2 rather than 3 could mean less creativity from us.

Hendrick not in great form but is surely a better player right now? better going forward and against Leeds who i think will set up defensivly a box to box direct midfielder could be useful rather than passing sideways and getting frustrated.

Ultimately we need Bryson back fit ASAP and a new signing.

Clement intimated 4-3-3 in his interview earlier in the week, or was that a brilliant smokescreen to fool Rosler. I agree Uwe always seems to have the measure of our 4-3-3, so something else is probably worth a try, and I'd like Bent and Martin to start together again.

Maybe we'll see the diamond with Hendrick on the right side and Russell on the left?

Carson

Baird   Keogh   Shackell   Warnock

Thorne

Hendrick      Russell

Ince

Bent   Martin

Mistakenly playing Warnock as it's against his old club and with Russell on the left there may the idea that Warnock will add some solidity and be less cavalier? I'd play Fozzy because I think this formation really needs the extra width he can give us.

Bench: Grant, Hanson, Weimann, Calero, Forsyth, Dawkins, Shotton

This rubbish about Uwe Rosler figuring out our 4-3-3 is a load of twaddle. "Just cut off the supply to Martin" he says. If it was that easy, we'd never beat anyone.

Oh wait, we don't.... :ph34r:

Still rubbish though, he just said what everyone knows, Martin is at the centre of everything we create. He's not reinvented the wheel here. Not shaken my belief in 4-3-3, I say go for it.

Archived