Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In an alternate universe...

Bolton 1 - Derby 0 - Opening day, anything can happen. Doesn't count.

Derby 2 - Charlton 0 - Good result.

Derby 0 - Boro 1 - Disappointing, but they're favourites. Hey ho.

Brum 1 - Derby 1 - Good away point.

In this scenario, I don't think we'd be too disappointed. Not pulling up any trees. Not a disaster.

Here's the thing, in this situation, we have the same points, goals scored and goals against. Where we are now isn't brilliant, but it's not the end of the world. In all honesty I'd rather be unbeaten and where we currently are. I'm avoiding other social media at the moment, as you know all well and good there will be people calling for Clement's head already because we didn't get that imaginary win against Charlton. Ridiculous.

Just some thoughts...

P.S. I do think it was a very good away point tonight. Very exciting match!

Excellent second half, but it's still two points dropped. 

A lot of very good individual performances tonight. Richard Keogh is a completely different man from last season, he looks like a Premier League centre half! 

Agree, and shackells positioning is immense. Keogh looks like a new signing

Again, like the other games, a brilliant second half. So unlucky, hit woodwork 3 times. 

Keogh absolute class. 
Carson very good again, commanded his area well and his kicking is unbelievable. 
Thorne to play Sat, Tues and now Friday and still working his ******** off is amazing, absolute animal. 

Someone's going to get a battering soon, hopefully it's Leeds.

In an alternate universe...

Bolton 1 - Derby 0 - Opening day, anything can happen. Doesn't count.

Derby 2 - Charlton 0 - Good result.

Derby 0 - Boro 1 - Disappointing, but they're favourites. Hey ho.

Brum 1 - Derby 1 - Good away point.

In this scenario, I don't think we'd be too disappointed. Not pulling up any trees. Not a disaster.

Here's the thing, in this situation, we have the same points, goals scored and goals against. Where we are now isn't brilliant, but it's not the end of the world. In all honesty I'd rather be unbeaten and where we currently are. I'm avoiding other social media at the moment, as you know all well and good there will be people calling for Clement's head already because we didn't get that imaginary win against Charlton. Ridiculous.

Just some thoughts...

P.S. I do think it was a very good away point tonight. Very exciting match!

that sort of start got a previous manager the sack.

Actually thought Bent coming off killed our momentum. Weimann is not a left-winger, he couldn't hold his position well enough.

Excellent second-half display, Thorne's a beast and Keogh and Shacks look solid.

Ince much better second half too.

I'll quote you Bris, but I could have quoted the other fella just the same.

Thorne was disappointing for me, sloppy in possession unless it was the easy ball.

I thought Keogh was by far the better of the two centre halfs, took responsibility to win the ball, put himself up against Donaldson and wanted the ball to start the attacks.

Shackell coasted but did what he needed to do well.

Also, would just like to say the ref was useless. Numerous times he put the whistle in his mouth to blow for a foul and then he  took it away. As a ref myself you cannot be indecisive like that. Some decisions that he made were also extremely questionable.

I'll quote you Bris, but I could have quoted the other fella just the same.

Thorne was disappointing for me, sloppy in possession unless it was the easy ball.

I thought Keogh was by far the better of the two centre halfs, took responsibility to win the ball, put himself up against Donaldson and wanted the ball to start the attacks.

Shackell coasted but did what he needed to do well.

Totally agree about Thorne.

Having said that, he was playing slightly forward of Baird in more of a traditional midfield place with Baird just behind. I guess that qualifies as playing out of position.

Archived