Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Nah, putting decorations up listening to a Christmas playlist I made up ho ho ho, just checking the BBC website for updates, what are the odds on Boro getting the winner in the 88th minute or later ?

54th.

Just after Ipswich missed a good chance. It was obvious that it would happen.

Ipswich are so safety conscious they're utterly predictable. Other than Niles, who they'v subbed off, they've not had a single player trying to take a risk or move with the ball.

The moment they get the ball, are closed down by the oppostion, it goes back to the GK followed by a long punt forward or it's hooked into the corners for someone to chase.

Boro deserve this. 0-2.

15 minutes ago, eddie said:

54th.

Just after Ipswich missed a good chance. It was obvious that it would happen.

No complaints, it's when I think they've dropped two points and they score late on like they did a couple of games ago that boils my you know what. Ipswich will have had over half an hour to do something about it and if they don't, fair play to Boro.

Ipswich battle for every inch of the pitch though. Not so much as a throw in is surrendered. Makes them hard to play as they tend to rush passing sides. 

Bet they average 60% pass accuracy. 6 passes in 10. 

Horrible team.

Boro are the sort of boring negative side that will last 5 years in the PL. 

Quite like Ipswich though. I'd be distraught if I had to watch a team like that at Derby every week but there's something endearing about the battling nature of them. It's why we all loved Seth and why Bradley Johnson has been very welcome. Just horrible players who give nothing up without a fight. 

Ipswich have 11 of them.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Key difference being the current status of QPR and Burton.

Reading are actually in a better position than Fulham, that's what made the whole Clarke this ridiculous. It would probably be the equivalent of Paul Clement leaving to hold talks with Wolves.

Smacked of a 'WTF' moment for the Reading fans. And it completely derailed them. They were 2nd in the league not long ago, having beaten Burnley and Boro back-to-back!

So how is it any different to what McClaren did. Ditch a lower league club on the up, for a club one tier up in a decline. 

I bloody hate QPR, but I quite like JFH, so now I'm all conflicted. 

How much better are the top five than the rest? It's going to make automatic promotion so tough and it looks like there aren't many clubs willing to do us a favour.

The gap between us and the playoff hopes Wednesday, Ipswich and Reading could be 11+ points by Sunday.

Archived