Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

25 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

With all due respect Simon I have never seen a ball bobble off shins so kindly for so long. Determined yes, skill not so much. As I say, very lucky, In my opinion only of course.

Ok Brighton were lucky tonight, but you could argue that they were unlucky against us at the iPro when we got a penalty to equalise in the 88th Minute that Chris Martin scored. I'm a great believer that over a season luck equals itself out. Brighton, Burnley & Boro have ground out results this season when not at their best, there normally the sides that make automatic promotion in any league..

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TETRA said:

Ok Brighton were lucky tonight, but you could argue that they were unlucky against us at the iPro when we got a penalty to equalise in the 88th Minute that Chris Martin scored. I'm a great believer that over a season luck equals itself out. Brighton, Burnley & Boro have ground out results this season when not at their best, there normally the sides that make automatic promotion in any league..

I remember the threads from last season whereby Bournemouth got tagged with the lucky label due to the amount of penalties and opposition sendings off they were given again smacked of sour grapes 

What are you two on about? Brighton were lucky to win last night. Their winning goal was against the run of play and the although whatshisface was brave and determined the goal was very fortunate. I am sure like all teams they have had their share of bad luck, who is saying differently? No need to dig deeper looking for an argument.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What are you two on about? Brighton were lucky to win last night. Their winning goal was against the run of play and the although whatshisface was brave and determined the goal was very fortunate. I am sure like all teams they have had their share of bad luck, who is saying differently? No need to dig deeper looking for an argument.

My fellow Rams supporter, I don't think either of us were looking for an argument on this subject. But as we all know or at least should know that lady luck good or bad plays a huge part in all games & for all teams. You just seemed to give the impression from your comments that you were just singling out Brighton as the only team in The Championship who get fortunate lucky wins now & again. It happens across all leagues every week my friend.

This match is terrible. PSG, what are you doing?

Do they not realise they're losing on away goals, not winning. They're just passing it sideways and backwards at every opportunity. A free-kick has been their only shot on goal.

And people complained Spain are/were boring. This is ridiculous.

Going to annoy me if Real Madrid get Man City. They've already had a buy to the semi-finals with Roma and Wolfsburg, getting an average City side would make it one of the easiest routes to the final ever.

At least make them work for it. Give em Bayern Munich.

Boro is a funny one. I'd find it highly amusing if they missed on promotion due to amount they've spent, and the fact that Aitor Karanka comes across as a right big baby.

But I just know they'd beat Derby in the playoffs, as would Burnley. It would be so obvious.

So having them and Burnley top two is the best possible outcome for us. 

I'm not impressed with any of the teams at the top though. Last season's top three were much better, all playing a far more attractive brand of football and actually competing to stay in the Premier League.

Burnley will go up and come down again, and if Boro keep Karanka it wouldn't surprise me to see them drop back down again too considering they don't exactly dominate teams.

Brighton seem on the crest of a wave and would need huge investment to stay up.

Derby, Hull and Sheff Wed have money behind them but neither are pulling up any trees this season.

I personally think its so true that you need different qualities to get up, especially finishing top 2.

and different qualities to stay up in the premierleague.

When it comes to the crunch, you need to grind out those results, particularly the victories in the scrappy games, which requires a mean defence, and in the premier, staying up is all about finishing, and having the players who can get you the goals out of half chances.

Burnley remind me of Derby under Billy Davies, can only see them coming straight back down, unless Grey scores a hatful of solo goals. Boro are the same, great defensive record which could leave to a title, but are they going to get the goals to keep them up next season?

As much as i would love both Boro and Burnley to fail in promotion bids, cos I dispise them both.

As has been pointed out, they clearly have the beating of us going back several seasons, so Derbys best chance of promotion is having these 2 out of the play off places entirely.

It will be interesting to see where this Derby team can finish and how well it can negotiate the playoffs, if they play 5 more games, like the form of the last 2 games to end the season.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Going to annoy me if Real Madrid get Man City. They've already had a buy to the semi-finals with Roma and Wolfsburg, getting an average City side would make it one of the easiest routes to the final ever.

At least make them work for it. Give em Bayern Munich.

I can think of one team who had an easier route to a European cup final. 

Archived