The green un stories

Silence of the ram

After a few years as a teenager visiting the pop side with my uncle, I had a bad experience of a man shity moron pissing  on the 

back of my leg . Fook this ! I joined the forces , years later after training they dropped me in a place called Asia , ain't a ppatch on 

newquey . After 4 weeks of hell the post arrived , the green un. ,!! The officer in charge praised me on receiving a camouflaged 

paper. Wot a nob.

any other interesting stories to take our mind off rams results, and gump abuse , ?

Good night.     Silence of the ram

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a few years as a teenager visiting the pop side with my uncle, I had a bad experience of a man shity moron pissing  on the 

back of my leg . Fook this ! I joined the forces , years later after training they dropped me in a place called Asia , ain't a ppatch on 

newquey . After 4 weeks of hell the post arrived , the green un. ,!! The officer in charge praised me on receiving a camouflaged 

paper. Wot a nob.

any other interesting stories to take our mind off rams results, and gump abuse , ?

Good night.     Silence of the ram

What match was in the green un?

1977, Derby v Finn Harps.

An old guy asked me the score at half time.

"Nine nil" I said.

"Bugger me", he replied. "I went for a **** and missed 5 goals".

The interesting follow-up to that story is that Kev Moore immortalised it in song on his "Fans Fayre for the Commons People" album.

Always looked forward to my green un from Dennis you could see him in his white coat ,the only problem was in winter when he was a little later than normal my mate and I had sank a few to many porters  so I tended to read mine on Sunday morning.

we used to leave the ground and get the first ones in the market square to read on the bus on the way home. always liked the middle two pages. The match reports were always funny, full report upto 70 minutes then oh and by the way Derby scored/conceded 3 goals in the last 20 minutes. (Depends whether it was pre or post 1976. The local football got better as the years went on. A lot of fans miss these, the pink un in Sheffield was also popular with guys I worked with up there.

I remember getting the National Express bus from Leicester St Margaret bus station to Derby Station to watch the mighty rams (pop side) and I only ever bought a one way ticket, I used to get a free ride home with a fantastic bus driver who was a rams fan who always gave me a free lift home, obviously I gave him the rundown of the game, I was only 13 :D

I remember at the time having to circumnavigated the derby fans that collected outside the bus station, certainly looking for trouble.

Millwall  0 DC 1 second division , had a brash young manager,  Clough was the name , had journey mmen ,young players 

from division 4 , the birth of a legend. Prat of a chairman , sacked the best manager in english football ever.

had a few more green uns sent into the jungle , jonny Gurkha could not understand why .

But hey , they don't have a baseball ground in Nepal , are we a strange type of people.

change your wife,car,house, done all those . BUT can never change my football team .

silence of the ram

Archived