One that slipped the net...

StockholmRam

A while back I was " asked" very informally to let the club know if I came across any talented young players out this neck of the woods. Other than my normal job I coach a decent standard ( think Swedish conference and for 1 season league one...but not quite as good as England) and can spot a player...

As it happened I knew of one young lad, a friends son, who back then was playing International u15 level in Sweden. I mentioned this to the club and they told me to keep them updated which I did.

Young uns career just got better and better.. he signed for a Swedish prem team..was made capt of national u16 team who trounced Italy and Spain in a euro tournament...

Spoke to his dad alot about Derby and he and his lad would have been happy to talk to the club knowing what a great academy we have. His dad is from Cheshire so he would have had family close by. 

Spoke to Darren Wassall on numerous occasions..even told him the lad would be excited to get looked at by Derby and considered. They never did come to see him..or talk to him... 

He signed for Bayern Munich this week. I think he is a player thats going to be very special... 

Our loss I feel.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A while back I was " asked" very informally to let the club know if I came across any talented young players out this neck of the woods. Other than my normal job I coach a decent standard ( think Swedish conference and for 1 season league one...but not quite as good as England) and can spot a player...

As it happened I knew of one young lad, a friends son, who back then was playing International u15 level in Sweden. I mentioned this to the club and they told me to keep them updated which I did.

Young uns career just got better and better.. he signed for a Swedish prem team..was made capt of national u16 team who trounced Italy and Spain in a euro tournament...

Spoke to his dad alot about Derby and he and his lad would have been happy to talk to the club knowing what a great academy we have. His dad is from Cheshire so he would have had family close by. 

Spoke to Darren Wassall on numerous occasions..even told him the lad would be excited to get looked at by Derby and considered. They never did come to see him..or talk to him... 

He signed for Bayern Munich this week. I think he is a player thats going to be very special... 

Our loss I feel.

Interesting story that. Seems strange they wouldn't act on anything if they did ask you. 

You done anything else for the club at all and how did you come to be involved?

Sorry if this is common knowledge, I'm old/new. 

Thats him Rynny.... he is very grounded young fella and has a great attitude towards everything coming his way. Continues his education aswell incase things dont work out. 

This was the only one I suggested to DCFC Worksop... there are a couple of agents in UK I speak to every now and then regarding Swedish players but to be honest the very best are gone from this country now by aged 15...

You probably should have mentioned it to chris evans rather than wassall.

i see henrik larsson's son is playing in sweden.....aged 18...he looks like he might make it.

Jordan Larsson stepped up to first team football this season at Helsingborg where his dad is first team coach. He has done fantastic so far in his youth career but the pressure must be huge on him as son of Henrik... His first season he got a few goals and played well. He plays in the same Jnr national team where my friends lad is captain.

i see henrik larsson's son is playing in sweden.....aged 18...he looks like he might make it.

This was during Cloughies tenure, however I did drop Evans an email offering help over here and never received a reply.

Our loss I feel.

Well tried Stockholm Ram, you did all that you could.do mate. Send this information to Sam Rush or put it up on suggestions to the Club.I have always believed that local people are well aware of local talent.A more formal arrangement with this army of scouts could save us and make us a lot of money.

Video Clips and reports translated from Google might be good StockholmRam

I think that he signed for Bayern Munich should be enough evidence really. I really feel we have lost the chance of a top youngster here. Not saying he would have ended up with us..but was worth a look.

Maybe if he was Wassall's son he would have had half a chance? BTW is Wassall's son any good or is nepotism alive and well in DCFC academy?? 

Man City invited him over for a trial, but he chose to go to Bayern.

His whole family are Man Utd in pretty much the same way as everyone on here is DCFC... his lifelong dream so far is to play for MUFC...

Another reason for Bayern Munich being chosen would be due to the influence of Bjorn Andersson. Anyone remember Bjorn.. Terry Yorath finished his career with a crass tackle in 1975 European Cup final Leeds v Bayern Munich. He works with the youth at BM and is very well respected in the game. Bjorn is Swedish so that must bare some influence on the outcome.

Im not saying he would have come to DCFC but for crying out loud come and have a look when offered. I certainly wasnt joking about how good he is.

Thats him Rynny.... he is very grounded young fella and has a great attitude towards everything coming his way. Continues his education aswell incase things dont work out. 

This was the only one I suggested to DCFC Worksop... there are a couple of agents in UK I speak to every now and then regarding Swedish players but to be honest the very best are gone from this country now by aged 15...

Great Story, if they ask for anymore names just let them know of a guy (bit on the porky side) with quick feet who is better than Sammon. Goes by the name of Dale.... :ph34r: Free Transfer........ Only young..........

Great Story, if they ask for anymore names just let them know of a guy (bit on the porky side) with quick feet who is better than Sammon. Goes by the name of Dale.... :ph34r: Free Transfer........ Only young..........

" better than Sammon...." thats a long queue of prospects that one Dale.

Archived