One that slipped the net...

StockholmRam

A while back I was " asked" very informally to let the club know if I came across any talented young players out this neck of the woods. Other than my normal job I coach a decent standard ( think Swedish conference and for 1 season league one...but not quite as good as England) and can spot a player...

As it happened I knew of one young lad, a friends son, who back then was playing International u15 level in Sweden. I mentioned this to the club and they told me to keep them updated which I did.

Young uns career just got better and better.. he signed for a Swedish prem team..was made capt of national u16 team who trounced Italy and Spain in a euro tournament...

Spoke to his dad alot about Derby and he and his lad would have been happy to talk to the club knowing what a great academy we have. His dad is from Cheshire so he would have had family close by. 

Spoke to Darren Wassall on numerous occasions..even told him the lad would be excited to get looked at by Derby and considered. They never did come to see him..or talk to him... 

He signed for Bayern Munich this week. I think he is a player thats going to be very special... 

Our loss I feel.

Ethan Wassall is a very good player. I was very surprised to see how good he is. A very reliable fullback when I saw him.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Story, if they ask for anymore names just let them know of a guy (bit on the porky side) with quick feet who is better than Sammon. Goes by the name of Dale.... :ph34r: Free Transfer........ Only young..........

Fridgy shot your avatar.

Sorry to hijack the thread. But I'm available to scout the middle east. My credentials is that I once made Derby European champs on football manager and that I could hold down my beer in 50 degrees weather.

I'm also available to scout in the midlands east.

I live in Chesterfield, and tend to watch a lot of Sunday football. Some cracking potential. Will age be an issue? in the Chesterfield Mens League, Ive spotted a potential target. 42yr old balding male, stand out performer every week. Goes by the name "Badger". 

Archived