Neighbours

mozza

Neighbours  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some people have very little in their lives other than to cause mischief unfortunately. I and my wife have always been live-and-let-live type of people. Not really minding if neighbours block us in/out, have loud parties etc. so long as its occasional. I expect the same in return. Fortunately we've only got neighbours to one side at a fair distance and they are nice enough.

Different story at my in digs in Hampshire though, one neighbour is always playing dance music on "work" nights with his windows wide open (fairly sure he doesn't work). Up until about 1 to 2am in the morning sometimes. It is a complete lack of respect and consideration to everyone else who has to be up in the morning. Only time I spoke to the chap he had the audacity to complain about the flat above him (immediately opposite to me) being loud. I have only ever seen the person in this flat once and never heard a peep from them...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hated neighbours, never got along with them and luckily I managed to buy house where I don't have them anymore.

I just love playing music loudly and make sliding tackles against imaginary opponents around my lawn completely naked and wasted. At wintertime I usually cover myself with blood, keeps me warm better.. 90 minutes and -25 is demanding combo.

There were some a few years back that got so bad we had them eventually evicted.      South Africans, that got up to all manner of unsavory things from playing loud music at anti-social hours to their damn dog breaking free and intruding on our own property.    Put up with this crap for some years before enough was enough, never looked back.

In the time since, we've been fairly fortunate and you can't pick and choose your neighbor and realize there's going to be those that are worse off than yourselves so hopefully it should continue as it is.    Sure there remains a handful of questionable "individuals" in the vicinity but as before, could be in a far worse situation.

Our neighbours are moving soon, thank god! Going back a few years ago we had a back garden makeover. We spent a lot of money on it, and we kept it nice and tidy. Mysteriously, cigarette butts would keep appearing on one half of the garden (the half closest to them). Even the cover over the bbq had cigarette burns all over it. The neighbours on the other side were lovely, and non smokers so we knew it couldn't be them. I was a smoker myself back then (now ex) and always made sure my butts were in an ash tray. One day quite by accident, I saw a cigarette butt land In my garden coming from their direction. I told them to keep their rubbish over their own side, however, they kept doing it. Anyway, I decided two could play at that game. I began collecting their butts, and putting them in the ashtray with my own. When it was overflowing, I gleefully emptied the whole contents over the fence onto their door step. I kept doing this for two or three months, and actually started to enjoy it. However, the cigarette butts stopped appearing, and I had to find a new hobby LOL.

We moved into a quiet street of detached houses last year and the neighbours we know by name are fine & friendly. I can't claim we mix socially with any of them but we chat on the drives, across the street and take parcels in for each other etc.

Our road ends in 2 cul-de-sacs and they have shared drives & parking has suddenly become an issue, with a couple of the houses. They end up leaving their cars along our part of the road - which winds up some of our neighbours. It only inconveniences us when we have more than 1 car of visitors.

I am so lucky ,there are only 12 houses in the street which is a single track road with a turning circle at the head of the cul de sac.

We all look out for each other but we don't live in each other's house's ,most of us have lived here for years. Street parties at least once a year  everyone joins in.

We did have someone move in that didn't fit but we soon got rid of them [defo them not us].We were warned that they had to keep moving and were bad news. 

Down sides, parking with visitors can be a pain but we all respect each other and we work round it.Feel lucky to have lived here. I moved 7 years ago from number 8 to number 12 the neighbours carried my stuff down the street.

A friend of mine's neighbours' dog killed their cat, neighbour knocks on the front door holding cat carcass and simply says "here's your cat", no apology or anything. They were pretty pissed off.

My neighbours are ok, nosey old woman one side, but the people the other side are lovely, have young Grandchildren who they're often looking after.

House I lived in with the ex the neighbour fed wild pigeons in her garden, not talking just one or two, there was 70+ of the flying rats on our roof all day, gutters filled with pigeon ****, windows and garden splattered with turds. Asked her one day if she could stop, basically told me to ram it so I ended up waving towels around in the garden all day like a nutter. Then got 2 cats who would catch the things but bring them in the house still alive so I was chasing the things out me windows. 

Then moved to a flat where downstairs had a missus that was very vocal during sex, they moved out then the flat next door 5 18/19 year olds moved in, parties every night, if I left me window open I'd get high from the cannabis fumes. Bought myself a decent pair of headphones and a long cable from the TV. They were ***** so seemed pointless starting a neighbour war, although one day they or their guests ****** around with the wiring on my electricity meter, ended up with no power thinking the box had gone. Lost all the food in the fridge/freezer. Around 6 months later I had a random call from Northern Power Grid giving me £60 compensation for the loss of electric as they didn't come round fast enough. That was nice.

Only got one neighbour now, he bought a mail order wife (he told us he bought her), I've got my back door open for the dog and she has hers open, it's like living next to a take away, the smells are amazing but you have that high pitch Thai voice belting out, god knows what she's shouting about. I like to mock her as she's never cooked me anything. Their daughter has a different football club shirt on the washing line everyday, I've seen Barca, Real, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, LA Galaxy home and away so far. No Derby one yet.

I've heard the fat, middle-aged neighbour to the right have s*x before.  I've just sold my house. 

yeah my lover makes a racket most of the time, she will be quiet for a bit though as I have ran out of AAA batteries and she has a slow puncture !!!

We've been really lucky with neighbours over the years and while we get the occasional whiff of "herbal tobacco" drifting over the fence from the young couple on 1 side of us they are polite and considerate so we don't mind too much. The old guy on the other side of us is great and is always happy to see us for a chat while we're both gardening or pegging the washing out etc. 

I can't really say I've ever been troubled by bad neighbours, I couldn't imagine it's much fun to have them though.

One of my neighbours is okay, a single 50 year old woman, keeps to herself for the majority, it's a struggle to get a 'Hello' out of her somedays, but that's fine with me. On the other side, the previous owner has just moved out... so watch this space, I could be posting this article in a month's time!

.....and mozza, why invite invite mrs neighbour round if she is the source of the trouble?

She's not been round since i started this thread :) you don't know her , do ya ?

either that , or she's a member of this forum..

The neighbours joined on to my house use to play on their x box with a sub woofer connected up and it made the house shake but two can play at that and they soon got the message.

The manure fan on the other side to me where do i start with him.

I check the coast is clear before going out or i'll have to listen to 10 mins of drivel about manure and Di Maria or if I am renewing my season ticket because he hasn't decided yet. He looked quite shocked when i told him i'd renewed in February. Now he wants me to replace a fence on my boundary but only for his benefit . My conclusion is i have a couple of knobs either side but I can handle them.

The neighbours joined on to my house use to play on their x box with a sub woofer connected up and it made the house shake but two can play at that and they soon got the message.

The manure fan on the other side to me where do i start with him.

I check the coast is clear before going out or i'll have to listen to 10 mins of drivel about manure and Di Maria or if I am renewing my season ticket because he hasn't decided yet. He looked quite shocked when i told him i'd renewed in February. Now he wants me to replace a fence on my boundary but only for his benefit . My conclusion is i have a couple of knobs either side but I can handle them.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in a leafy area & "middle class" cul-de-sac of detached houses but saw one of the neighbours a few doors down come out of his house the other night to see a mate of his drive off. He was obviously pissed & firstly held his bare arse against the driver's window of his mate's car, then walked 10 yards from his own front door and took a pee on his next door neighbour's front lawn. Nice.

Archived