Your starting XI for Bolton

Bris Vegas

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be able to leave Hughes out, the lads have a fantastic pre-season. I reckon we'll start Bolton with the diamond, they don't really have the attacking threat necessary to turn to the two DM set-up in my opinion.

Its too tough, Thorne and Baird played well together, at a push id put Hughes in for Thorne but then he wont be very attacking

Its too tough, Thorne and Baird played well together, at a push id put Hughes in for Thorne but then he wont be very attacking

I'd put Baird at RB. His favoured position. 

IMO Baird should play Right wing back. 

Dont want us to go 4-2-3-1 it's too negative against a weakened Bolton side. 

We don't need 2 DMs for this game IMO 

Lets go for it. 

I'd put Baird at RB. His favoured position. 

I think its a good chance for Ssewankambo to show what hes made of, Baird was good at CDM as well against Burton

Thorne surely can't be left out, him and Russell have been the best players during pre season

But who do you drop out of Ince Weimann and Martin for Hughes to come in. I Didn't include Hughes in the original line up as I think Thorne needs gametime now he is fit.

I think its a good chance for Ssewankambo to show what hes made of, Baird was good at CDM as well against Burton

But who do you drop out of Ince Weimann and Martin for Hughes to come in. I Didn't include Hughes in the original line up as I think Thorne needs gametime now he is fit.

Ssewankambo's played less minutes than any other player who's been with us for the whole pre-season bar Calero. He hasn't proved he's worth a chance yet, he's proved he could work his way into the team over the course of the year.

I personally think we should go for:

Grant

Baird Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne Hughes

Russell Ince Weimann

Martin

Baird would be a more defensive right back than Christie or Ssewankmabo so Russell wouldn't have to worry as much about tracking back

Why do we need two CDMs

Its so negative .

It worked ok against Burton but nothing more .

Against Burton we played really well when we changed the system and Burton just couldn't handle Hendrick,Hughes and co.  

I personally think we should go for:

Grant

Baird Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne Hughes

Russell Ince Weimann

Martin

Baird would be a more defensive right back than Christie or Ssewankmabo so Russell wouldn't have to worry as much about tracking back

While I would never leave Martin out, I don't think he's nailed on to start on Saturday. I think we could be looking at the Diamond with Weimann and Russell up front. Ince Bryson(if fit), Hughes and Thorne in the diamond. Baird, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth at the back.

While I would never leave Martin out, I don't think he's nailed on to start on Saturday. I think we could be looking at the Diamond with Weimann and Russell up front. Ince Bryson(if fit), Hughes and Thorne in the diamond. Baird, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth at the back.

He's not nailed on but I think Clement will go with him or Bent alongside Weimann if we play the diamond. I can't see him leaving both out and after Bent's poor pre season I expect him to choose Martin. I'd like to see the 4-2-3-1 though, Bolton's defence is injury hit as people have said so those 4 in attack should create plenty of chances

He's not nailed on but I think Clement will go with him or Bent alongside Weimann if we play the diamond. I can't see him leaving both out and after Bent's poor pre season I expect him to choose Martin. I'd like to see the 4-2-3-1 though, Bolton's defence is injury hit as people have said so those 4 in attack should create plenty of chances

Yeah - as I say I wouldn't leave him out, but Martin's had a pretty poor pre-season as well. 

Ssewankambo's played less minutes than any other player who's been with us for the whole pre-season bar Calero. He hasn't proved he's worth a chance yet, he's proved he could work his way into the team over the course of the year.

Hes played well when called upon, don't rate Christie or Shotton at RB, Baird yes but I think Bolton wont be a bad opportunity for Ssewankambo

Why do we need two CDMs

Its so negative .

It worked ok against Burton but nothing more .

Against Burton we played really well when we changed the system and Burton just couldn't handle Hendrick,Hughes and co.  

Its your opinion mate, with the 2 holding mids we can control the game, negative yes, safe yes. First game of the season id rather we ease into it than go full attack and get hurt at the back.

Yes we did incredible when Dawkins and Hughes came on but whether that was due to pure individual talent or a tired Burton team remains to be seen

Archived