Chris Baird new captain?

DcFc Dyycheee

Didn't MR say that his source had 'dried up' ?

I wonder whether MRIG has another God now? I think we should be told.

Thank Allah he joined this forum, rather than ISIS, if that's the case!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting.

I too was 'informed' by a 'source' who claimed to be 'itk' that if my auntie had balls, she'd have been my uncle. I didn't believe a word of that either, but that's just me being an old cynic.

In all seriousness I was given that information and had reason to doubt it, until the fact Keogh hasn't been selected as captain for two games now so it would suggest the person who gave me the information was either very lucky (which he could have been) or he was right.

Don't you worry about being an old cynic Eddie, the world needs a cynic.  It stops us happy clappers following the mooneys up to the top of a cliff and jumping head first like a Lemming.

But not everything you read is bull crap, have you not read the bible? Everything in there is gospel ;)

In all seriousness I was given that information and had reason to doubt it, until the fact Keogh hasn't been selected as captain for two games now so it would suggest the person who gave me the information was either very lucky (which he could have been) or he was right.

Don't you worry about being an old cynic Eddie, the world needs a cynic.  It stops us happy clappers following the mooneys up to the top of a cliff and jumping head first like a Lemming.

But not everything you read is bull crap, have you not read the bible? Everything in there is gospel ;)

Nice try, but that is not true, on so many levels. Do you mean canonical gospels? There are just four of those, yet there are 27 books in the New Testament. Furthermore, there are 39 books in the Old Testament, making 66 books in all, of which only 4 are Canonical Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John).

It gets more complicated - there are non-canonical gospels (Jewish-Christian gospels, and works attributed to Thomas, Peter and Judas are also known as 'gospels' because they are all descriptions of the life and works of Jesus, but once again it is confusing because they are not part of  what is traditionally accepted as 'The Bible'.

Nice try, but that is not true, on so many levels. Do you mean canonical gospels? There are just four of those, yet there are 27 books in the New Testament. Furthermore, there are 39 books in the Old Testament, making 66 books in all, of which only 4 are Canonical Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John).

It gets more complicated - there are non-canonical gospels (Jewish-Christian gospels, and works attributed to Thomas, Peter and Judas are also known as 'gospels' because they are all descriptions of the life and works of Jesus, but once again it is confusing because they are not part of  what is traditionally accepted as 'The Bible'.

There is something wrong with my laptop, I've picked up the Christian Channel instead of the Rams Forum. Can we resume normal service soon please

Call me old fashioned but I think that MackwortRamisnotGod is too long a name for this forum as it has a 'd' on the line below which lacks panache, style, verve, credibility and authenticity. Is what I think.

Someone help me they are now going on about a forum member with God in his name

Eddie, my goodness. Suppose a little bit of here say don't go amiss. Especially when 50% of planet believes theses books! written to my mind by persons unknown.....and selected for general publication by a Roman emperor

monty python is best place to go for a realistic view of bible 

Bryson was wearing the captains armband at the end of the game, right? I thought that was interesting. Baird was playing DM, suggests to me that PC prefers his captains to be in midfield, maybe?

I don't think we can even begin to guess who PC has in mind for the captain's role. He may be trialling lots of different players or he may even adopt a rotation system where different players are captain throughout the season (hence the point of a club captain being permanent and the game captain being based on form, opposition formation etc). Plus there Could be plenty of players coming in lined up to do the role.

Looks like Baird could play a bigger part this season than most imagined. I hope that isn't at the expense of Thorne 

surely not if a fully fit thorne is not played then think Clement needs his head testing. George is pure class think would easily make transition to prem

surely not if a fully fit thorne is not played then think Clement needs his head testing. George is pure class think would easily make transition to prem

Maybe Clement's protecting Thorne, easing the pressure on him to be fit and available ASAP,  in the meantime Baird seems a capable enough player in his own right.

Archived