Transfer activity gone quiet

This post is in no way meant to be negative, I'm very pleased with what we have done so far and over the moon we got Ince and Bent (someone pinch me).

But it seems to have gone very quiet.

My only surprise, not disappointment, is that I thought Clement/Rush/Morris would want all the pieces of the jigsaw in place for Holland.

I appreciate there may be players that naturally take longer to sign, but I'm sure clement wouldn't want to be working on certain formations utilising players in friendlies that he knows will be replaced by say Shackell.

Have we overspent a little on Ince and now we are having to wait until we sell someone/some people.

Is it naturally taking time to sign the trickier players, Shackell, Bridcutt, the star ronaldoesque player Nixon speaks of.

Or is this the calm before the storm and there will be a triple signing before Sunday?

Regardless, this is the most exciting and stressful transfer window I have known...only just shadowing the Game of Thornes saga, and I love it :)

I also notice Nixon has gone extremely quiet since our transfer activity has died down.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 and a half weeks till the start of the season, a lot of clubs have only just started to bring players in. We've done a lot of business early on, only expecting a couple more at most through the door. 

I like quiet, that whiff of bullshit that hung over the forum for a while has passed. Since all the ITKer's he's signing this week deadlines have passed we've got a nice band of fresh air slowly moving across the forum.

+1 ,Clements said it's a clean sheet for all the squad and he wants to give them all a chance.

Sounds too nicey nice for my liking, all this talk of a clean slate, has he not watched the Wembley game? we can't go handing out clean slates to players like Keogh willy nilly. 

Clement needs to come out and tell us when Shackell the saviour is signing and if not why does he think it's acceptable to stick with Keogh.

Sounds too nicey nice for my liking, all this talk of a clean slate, has he not watched the Wembley game? we can't go handing out clean slates to players like Keogh willy nilly. 

Clement needs to come out and tell us when Shackell the saviour is signing and if not why does he think it's acceptable to stick with Keogh.

Incey Ince

Could it be Mel has stopped telling people his transfer targets only them close to him. Would make sense with what he was talking about with regards to transfers coming out in public well before they have happened.

If I was Mel I'd tell one person one transfer then another person another. See whos leaking the clubs targets!

Too quiet for me. 

Im not happy. 

The day you are happy, Curtains, is the day that I will worry. Isn't it one of the signs of the predicted apocalypse?

Checking Newsnow every working hour of each day has become a bit turgid, but we have no way of knowing what's going on behind the scenes.

I am, admittedly, getting a bit fed up of the daily filler articles now e.g. "Bryson loves the squad" etc.

I'm trying to keep it to the official site now as the DET seems mainly to be a repeater for other sources of speculation these days. As well as being an absolute train-wreck for invasive and auto-play advertising BS....

Archived