The folly of unrestrained criticism of our own players

Rampage

(A) I only think there was one player who's effort I would call into question and that was Johnny Russell. I was referring to other people's comments that criticising a player will make their performance worse.

(B) The moans and groans are no worse than what other players have had to put up with since I have been watching football (30 years) in fact it is not that long ago some players had to deal with racial abuse, bananas being thrown at them etc. It just appears that as players wages have gone up they seem to have become more precious and reactive to criticism. Keogh reacting to this is a perfect example of why he is not captain material, he is clearly not capable of focusing and that is often evident in his displays.

(C) Fair enough if that is what you think, it is all a matter of personal opinion. Not sure if you run a business or not, but if so would you be comfortable paying someone for 4 or 5 months whilst they were not working because one of their family was ill?

He didn't take 4-5 months off. He wasn't as good as he was before for 3 months. He took a total of 2 weeks off i think. If an employee's Mum was dying I would let him go and see her. Sorry if that makes me a bleeding heart liberal.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't take 4-5 months off. He wasn't as good as he was before for 3 months. He took a total of 2 weeks off i think. If an employee's Mum was dying I would let him go and see her. Sorry if that makes me a bleeding heart liberal.

The Forest game and Reading game were months apart and he was not available for selection for either I think and featured very rarely in between.

The Forest game and Reading game were months apart and he was not available for selection for either I think and featured very rarely in between.

So he was MAYBE unavailable for two games and wasn't picked much inbetween with SM preferring Ince and Lingaard  Thank you for backing up my figures.

To be honest having supported this team since 1966 its fair to see I have seen a lot better than we have now but certainly a hell of a lot worse..

Just another lifetime passion that will be there forever..massive disappointment whenever we lose, natural high whenever we win..

What else in life gives you that :lol:

don't hate the bloke. Just don't rate him. Call me old fashioned but piss to the wind, last ditch blag a challenge defenders ain't my bag. I am sure he is a lovely chap and a considerate lover, but a top 2 cb and a captain...nah. 

I wonder why you thought that we were having a dig at you? :D

Some people have to have a player to pick on. Some near me would have a go and if the player leaves just find another to moan about. 

I've been more angry at the moaners than the poor result or performance sometimes 

If players can't live up with fans expectations, they can always drop to the level where there ain't no fans... And start doing something else for a living.

Psychical strength is one of key attributes to footballers and coping with criticism is one part of it. If player keeps making mistakes, IMO it's fine to vent your feelings. But if they get criticized after making odd one, it's just very poor supporting.

Archived