The folly of unrestrained criticism of our own players

Rampage

I had to step in. Whenever she puts things together she reads instructions. I'm not having that under my roof. Our roof. Then one thing lead to another. 

1. Buy stuff

2. Open stuff

3. Throw instruction booklet away

4. Take stuff home

5. Give stuff, screwdriver and hammer to missus.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tw@ behind me at Grimsby said after Keogh had made a good pass/clearance "first thing he's done all game".

He must have missed the last 30 minutes where he didn't do much wrong and even did his rampaging gazelle thing to the halfway line.

At the start of last season I was a Keogh critic. After last season I'm not. He is not a good captain unfortunately but he IS an excellent defender. Some of the abuse he gets is truly nonsensical and would be more suited to coming from the mouth of a deluded gump. Just leave the ******* guy be.

Keogh is not an excellent defender. If he was a prem team would have bought him. He is decent for a top 6 championship team but not what you want when going for automatic promotion.

The reason why they are criticized is nothing but our fault. We overrate our players a lot and when they don't perform to our expectations ,people get frustrated. There is a reason why they are championship players and not premier league players,they are not perfect.The sooner people realise this ,the better.

Keogh is not an excellent defender. If he was a prem team would have bought him. He is decent for a top 6 championship team but not what you want when going for automatic promotion.

Last season, he was voted, by his peers, one of the best two central defenders in the entire division.

What you have done is to place your opinion above that of the (ex) manager, but not only that, you have decided that your opinion is worth more than the entire English championship footballing profession because of the matter-of-factness of your reply.

If you feel the need to criticize then do us all a favour and criticize the opposing team we are playing, get stuck into their players, if that's what you want to do, get stuck into the opposing fans, spend your energy on dragging the opposition down to your level, mirror your miserableness, moans and groans and destroy the opposition, not your own team, not your own football club that you are supposed to be supporting, ya numpties!

Praise the Super Derby County Football Club

Yet Bris chooses to blow it out of all proportion with his 'article'.

Not seen it yet. One of my favourite posters though. Smart bloke. 

But pre season. The intensity isn't there early on. Nobody pushing their bodies. Just easing back in, getting plenty of ball time.  Trying a few ideas out and gradually bit by bit making sure on opening day that you're fit, feeling good and you know what jobs everyone can and can't do. It's a gradual build. 

As fans it's just sunshine and beer and the first sign the season  is coming. Plus you get to have a look at some new players and get an idea of what they'll be like with a bit more fitness and less rust in a month or so. 

I'm sure PC will have been more interested in the fitness gained.  That legs were stretched and he got to see what players are like in a more competitive exercise than playing amongst their mates. 

Be nice to have picked up a win. But don't see why anyone would worry. 

I'm sure come Villareal and Burton that the fitness and intensity will be much closer to what people expect. Everyone a bit happier. 

Then Bolton we all get to see the intensity. Even still there's time in the season to find the right balance for Clement.

Last season, he was voted, by his peers, one of the best two central defenders in the entire division.

What you have done is to place your opinion above that of the (ex) manager, but not only that, you have decided that your opinion is worth more than the entire English championship footballing profession because of the matter-of-factness of your reply.

david luiz was voted as the best defender in the world for 2014 by his fellow peers. That doesn't mean he is the best

Not seen it yet. One of my favourite posters though. Smart bloke. 

But pre season. The intensity isn't there early on. Nobody pushing their bodies. Just easing back in, getting plenty of ball time.  Trying a few ideas out and gradually bit by bit making sure on opening day that you're fit, feeling good and you know what jobs everyone can and can't do. It's a gradual build. 

As fans it's just sunshine and beer and the first sign the season  is coming. Plus you get to have a look at some new players and get an idea of what they'll be like with a bit more fitness and less rust in a month or so. 

I'm sure PC will have been more interested in the fitness gained.  That legs were stretched and he got to see what players are like in a more competitive exercise than playing amongst their mates. 

Be nice to have picked up a win. But don't see why anyone would worry. 

I'm sure come Villareal and Burton that the fitness and intensity will be much closer to what people expect. Everyone a bit happier. 

Then Bolton we all get to see the intensity. Even still there's time in the season to find the right balance for Clement.

Bris is one of my least favorite posters. 

As alpha said Bris is one of the most intelligent posters on here and he has vast football knowledge but I disagree with him on the pre season point. I'd rather lose our pre season games because it allows the manager to identify the errors and correct these ahead of the new season

As alpha said Bris is one of the most intelligent posters on here and he has vast football knowledge but I disagree with him on the pre season point. I'd rather lose our pre season games because it allows the manager to identify the errors and correct these ahead of the new season

Vast football knowledge.

Your joking .

Bris got slaughtered by many on here for suggesting to play dawkins in the middle. When dawkins did eventually get the chance to play there he was argubly our best player. Like you said eddie is knowledgeable and so is that that resident scot guy(sorry i forgot your name.)

Bris got slaughtered by many on here for suggesting to play dawkins in the middle. When dawkins did eventually get the chance to play there he was argubly our best player. Like you said eddie is knowledgeable and so is that that resident scot guy(sorry i forgot your name.)

Bris is knowledgable but the Dawkins thing is overhyped. 

Dawkins is not the answer in that position all the time is he. 

What position should Dawkins play for the Rams and what is his natural position.  

Difficult for me to have a good perspective on this. I guess if I had spent all morning making a flag, then carried it to the game, then waved it enthusiastically for 90 minutes, and some of the players didn't play very well, then I guess I might be pretty miffed. I stopped making flags at 10 though, as I thought it was about the right time to grow up.

We have average defenders who are all prone to mistakes that usually result in goals,as fans we have to accept that, and the players deserve the fans constructive criticism they are highly paid grown men.Clement will iron out the mistakes or get rid,when we sign shackell him or baird will be captain,can see Keogh being moved on which is no bad thing good defender but his style of seat of his pants defending is a major fault which I don't think he can eradicate

Constructive criticism <> twitter trolls

I'd say Eddie is the most knowledgable person on this forum 

Only about Belgian beer - but froggg is rapidly catching me up

Possibly the life and works of Clyde Tombaugh too.

Archived