1500 season tickets remain

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm that's from a vested interest's point of view. It doesn't take into account extra access/exit points and any loss of capacity due to the dimensions being designed for seating. I would imagine the end figure is somewhere between the two. 

Hmmm that's from a vested interest's point of view. It doesn't take into account extra access/exit points and any loss of capacity due to the dimensions being designed for seating. I would imagine the end figure is somewhere between the two. 

How is it though? They show how such systems work. You add a step to every row and on the back step a person stands between what would have been the two seats. There isn't any other way to do it other than to have a safe standing system in which you simply remain at the ratio of 1:1. 

How is it though? They show how such systems work. You add a step to every row and on the back step a person stands between what would have been the two seats. There isn't any other way to do it other than to have a safe standing system in which you simply remain at the ratio of 1:1. 

If you have 4000 fans in an area, you need x amount of exit areas. If you have 4000x1.8 fans in the same area then you need x to the power of 1.8 exit areas. There the capacity isn't simply increased by 1.8. The end number is a little less.

Also the depth of a stand was based on an exact number of seated rows. As the safe standing rows have greater depth (but a higher capacity) then is is probable that there will be a remainder of a row left over, resulting in a further small reduction.

I think it is the way forward but will be complicated than it initially appears and not the panacea to our stadium's ills that some would have us believe.

I think it was on Sky Sports in Scotland (?) that they showed a ground with new safe standing  and it was 1:1. It was like having a seat...without the seat.

You don't want to go expanding the stadium for fans that are there to watch Man City. 

They don't bring atmosphere. They don't stick around when you stop playing Man City. They do bring a sense of self entitlement and some money though.

But do you really care about the extra money? Especially if we're in the PL already.  If things go wrong you end up with 20k fans in a 40k stadium.

If you have 4000 fans in an area, you need x amount of exit areas. If you have 4000x1.8 fans in the same area then you need x to the power of 1.8 exit areas. There the capacity isn't simply increased by 1.8. The end number is a little less.

Also the depth of a stand was based on an exact number of seated rows. As the safe standing rows have greater depth (but a higher capacity) then is is probable that there will be a remainder of a row left over, resulting in a further small reduction.

I think it is the way forward but will be complicated than it initially appears and not the panacea to our stadium's ills that some would have us believe.

All of which would not significantly alter the ratio. There are already UK stadiums that have significantly more seats per exit than us. I am not saying it's as easy as ripping out the old seats and putting in these new ones. A new step would also be needed per row. Toilet facilities and the concourse. But It really could be that simple if health and safety are satisfied. 

Ok thinking of buying a season ticket ,possibly for my son as well who supports Liverpool and is ten.Any suggestions to where would be the best seating ,obviously price is a factor as travelling to games won't be cheap but opinions appreciated 

Ok thinking of buying a season ticket ,possibly for my son as well who supports Liverpool and is ten.Any suggestions to where would be the best seating ,obviously price is a factor as travelling to games won't be cheap but opinions appreciated 

You should qualify for a free season ticket for your son,if you buy an adult one

Just a £30 charge for son to join junior Rams squad

Best hurry mind,think there were only 10 tickets on this deal available,this morning 

You don't want to go expanding the stadium for fans that are there to watch Man City. 

They don't bring atmosphere. They don't stick around when you stop playing Man City. They do bring a sense of self entitlement and some money though.

But do you really care about the extra money? Especially if we're in the PL already.  If things go wrong you end up with 20k fans in a 40k stadium.

Last season we had 29,250 average league gate. We finished 8th. We play some very small clubs. In the PL you play some very big clubs. You also play 4 less home matches. All clubs have bigger away followings. In the PL it is not unreasonable to assume to get 2,000 more away fans if you accommodate them than we get in this league. This season our average attendance will be in excess of 30,000. So we add those extra away fans that takes us up to 32,000. That would leave us with 8,000 extra Derby fans to reach 40,000. Anyone who does not think we could attract at least an extra 8,000 of our own fans every week in the PL as an established club is glass not half empty but almost empty in my view. 

I think it was on Sky Sports in Scotland (?) that they showed a ground with new safe standing  and it was 1:1. It was like having a seat...without the seat.

It's embarrassing the way we continue to pussy foot around the Liverpool fans who stand all game already. 

Confirmed on twitter via John Vicars. Great effort from the Derby faithful! COYR!

John confirmed over 22,000 have been sold so far, and sales are still going strong!

Real buzz about the club at the minute, love it. :)

Now let's get iPro rocking (I mean each stand not away end though) COYR

Last season we had 29,250 average league gate. We finished 8th. We play some very small clubs. In the PL you play some very big clubs. You also play 4 less home matches. All clubs have bigger away followings. In the PL it is not unreasonable to assume to get 2,000 more away fans if you accommodate them than we get in this league. This season our average attendance will be in excess of 30,000. So we add those extra away fans that takes us up to 32,000. That would leave us with 8,000 extra Derby fans to reach 40,000. Anyone who does not think we could attract at least an extra 8,000 of our own fans every week in the PL as an established club is glass not half empty but almost empty in my view. 

we wouldn't fill it, leave it as it is, it is the perfect size for us. 

We're in the North/East corner, great for youngsters, worth a try

we wouldn't fill it, leave it as it is, it is the perfect size for us. 

In the prem it would be easy to fill.

We're in the North/East corner, great for youngsters, worth a try

Family area is a good try for a kids anyway but not in south stand (imo)

In the prem it would be easy to fill.

I know. 4 less home games. Bigger away fan followings. Much bigger clubs on average. Some of the world's biggest clubs and best players. Yet somehow we wouldn't be able to attract 10,000+ more than we did last season per game in the Championship, where we finished 8th. Those who also genuinely think we shouldn't because we would only attract half fans can shut up. I am not a half fan. I don't think like that. I have friends who are big fans but barley go to any matches. If you want to turn a half fan into this mystical full fan then you give them the opportunity to become a full fan. 

Archived