Grimsby Town v Derby County

Day

Plan to take 23 players 20 outfield 3 goalkeepers. Everyone is getting minutes as possible they can. 

Goalkeepers: Lee Grant and Scott Carson. + Kelle Roos.

Defenders: Cyrus Christie, Ryan Shotton, Richard Keogh, Raul Albentosa, Farrend Rawson, Alex Pearce, Craig Forsyth and Stephen Warnock

Midfielders: Jamie Hanson, Chris Baird, George Thorne, Will Hughes, Jeff Hendrick and Craig Bryson.

Strikers: Johnny Russell, Tom Ince, Andreas Weimann, Ivan Calero, Darren Bent and Conor Sammon.

That will be it, I imagine. 

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because PC said every outfield will get 45 mins, I assume each keeper will get roughly 30 minutes

Lets make a completely pointless X11 for each half selection :ph34r:

Christie Keogh Pearce Warnock

Bryson Hanson Hughes

Ince

Bent Weimann

Shotton  Albentosa Rawson Forsyth

Bryson Baird Hanson

Calero

Sammon Russell

Because PC said every outfield will get 45 mins, I assume each keeper will get roughly 30 minutes

Lets make a completely pointless X11 for each half selection :ph34r:

Christie Keogh Pearce Warnock

Bryson Hanson Hughes

Ince

Bent Weimann

Shotton  Albentosa Rawson Forsyth

Bryson Baird Hanson

Calero

Sammon Russell

You missed Hendrick? 

oops put Hanson twice! 

Haha think Hendrick and Russell will start but not sure what formation to use first then. Switching over to other formation in 2nd half, would like Martin + Bent up front together and Weimann behind them. 

Derby County Head Coach Paul Clement has confirmed his 23-man squad for this weekend’s pre-season friendly against Grimsby Town.

After two full weeks of pre-season training, the Rams will step up their preparations for the 2015/16 season by taking on the Mariners at Blundell Park on Saturday 11th July (3pm kick-off).

Squad To Face Grimsby: Lee Grant, Scott Carson, Kelle Roos, Cyrus Christie, Craig Forsyth, Chris Baird, Richard Keogh, Ryan Shotton, Raul Albentosa, Alex Pearce, Stephen Warnock, Isak Ssewankambo, Jamie Hanson, George Thorne, Craig Bryson, Jeff Hendrick, Will Hughes, Tom Ince, Ivan Calero, Johnny Russell, Andreas Weimann, Conor Sammon, Darren Bent.

Chris Martin and Jake Buxton, as mentioned by Clement in an interview on dcfc.co.uk yesterday, are continuing in their rehabilitation programmes and Simon Dawkins is currently away on international duty with

Jamaica for their Gold Cup campaign. 

* Please note that the squad is subject to change.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/squad-confirmed-for-grimsby-pre-season-friendly-2539005.aspx#BCm6EIUSRhTtx4Pe.99

I bet Rawson is gutted. My guess is that Shotton will play CB then.

Forsyth, Warnock; Shotton, Albentosa, Keogh, Pearce; Ssewankambo, Christie. 

Good chance for Calero - 100% he scores.

I think he's unlucky with the amount of centre halfs at the club. I can see him leaving on loan, especially if Shackell comes

Grant

Christie, Keogh, Pearce, Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes, Hendrick

Weimann, Bent, Ince

Carson (Roos to get 20min)

Baird, Albentosa, Shotton, Warnock

Hanson

Bryson, Ssewankambo

Calero, Sammon, Russell

Would be my guess. Ssewankambo is an odd one, don't see him getting the RB role, he'd be behind Christie, Shotton and Baird. I see he has played CM before, but that midfield looks a bit weak..

Bit of a trek that is, go to the new Spoons that opened last year, has a roof terrace to soak up the Cleethorpes rays

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-coliseum-picture-theatre

Will be driving up in the morning, not been for a paddle on the Lincs coast for ages ;)    Going to grab a few beers in Spoons will try out the rooftop terrace. Maybe se some of you guys there.

Archived