The Ashes

Ovis aries

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see the older members showing the youngsters how to be cordial to each other.......

(cordial, hahaha, unintentional pun there but i'm claiming it!)

I blame ze juice.

Pretty feeble from Australia.

They surely can't be as un-Australian in the next test.

They've got some selection problems though - Watson and Haddin look past it, Starc's injured. What are they going to do?

As I said before the first test, Australia absolutely have to drop Watson. He's been given too long to make something of his career. His Test average hasn't gone above 36 since 2010. In fact, his figures since 2011 have been a disaster, batting average of 30.5, bowling average of 37.1. He's not getting through a great number of overs, and he's just become a liability in the middle order. 

I'm still unsure about Mitchell Marsh, but back to back centuries in the tour matches should count for something, and when Watson has yet again failed to make an impact the time surely is right to at least give Marsh his chance. If Watson has it in him to fight back from being dropped, all the best to him, but he shouldn't be just kept on "experience".

Haddin is surely on his last legs, but I'd guess him being potentially in his last series will save him.

In any case, neither Haddin or Watson were the issue, England simply played better allround. But I don't see why Watson should be kept anymore. Oh well, I do fully expect Watson to be selected for Lords though.  

Brad Haddin is out of the squad for the second Test with personal issues. Shane Watson has been dropped in favour of Mitchell Marsh. Starc should be fit for the match. 

Beginning of the end for Watson and Haddin, I reckon. Getting a bit concerned about the number of Mitchells though - getting more like Eastenders.

Beginning of the end for Watson and Haddin, I reckon. Getting a bit concerned about the number of Mitchells though - getting more like Eastenders.

The best part of it is that to my knowledge, every contracted Mitch in Australian cricket will be playing in the Second Test. 

I do hope Haddin gets a proper farewell, as despite poor form, this isn't him being dropped, something has happened off the field. I hope he's okay. 

As for Watson, he'll be back the next time they get an excuse. The selectors love him to bits. 

Brad Haddin is out of the squad for the second Test with personal issues. Shane Watson has been dropped in favour of Mitchell Marsh. Starc should be fit for the match. 

Good.

Archived