Hyde Park Memorial used as a toilet

Derbyram1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vintage Daily Mail. 

Do do the people even know what that place is?

well the plaque

is pretty obvious - even if you cant read the language a list of names is a fair give away its a memorial.

if a group of Brits were reported as doing this in Say Hungary would you criticise the paper reporting it or the people doing it?

File_Plaque at 7-7-2005 bombings memorial, Hyde Park - geograph_org_uk ___.jpg

I'm not suggesting they're not, but what evidence have you got for that comment, especially compared to other groups of people.

Just look at the comments on the article and on the police stage mock tunisia style attack in london article. Embarrassing really

Just look at the comments on the article and on the police stage mock tunisia style attack in london article. Embarrassing really

I'm confused now. Who are you saying is racist? The Daily Mail or the East Europeans.

Here's what I think has happened, Cisse said that the Eastern Europeans couldn't read, Rammyboy thought he meant the Daily Mail readers in the comment section couldn't read and called them racists.

I liked this comment:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! These disgusting people must be rounded up NOW and deported back to Romania or wherever they originate. A story in the DNM today highlights that Romanians are responsible for almost ALL cash crime in the UK. Why have these migrants been allowed to defile the UK? What is this country so scared of? We MUST take our cities & streets back, this has to STOP NOW! Their filthy habits would NOT be tolerated in any other civilised European country. Can you imagine Germany or France accepting this behaviour? NO of course not. These people have NO respect for our (too liberal) country get rid of them and all those who treat the UK as a honey-pot. Stuff the bloody EU too! Close ALL borders to the lot of them!

It's almost as if the readership is indulging in a competition to see who can come across as the most stereotypical Daily Mail reader... immigrants are criminals...send them back...country too liberal...stuff the EU... 

classic stuff

I liked this comment:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! These disgusting people must be rounded up NOW and deported back to Romania or wherever they originate. A story in the DNM today highlights that Romanians are responsible for almost ALL cash crime in the UK. Why have these migrants been allowed to defile the UK? What is this country so scared of? We MUST take our cities & streets back, this has to STOP NOW! Their filthy habits would NOT be tolerated in any other civilised European country. Can you imagine Germany or France accepting this behaviour? NO of course not. These people have NO respect for our (too liberal) country get rid of them and all those who treat the UK as a honey-pot. Stuff the bloody EU too! Close ALL borders to the lot of them!

It's almost as if the readership is indulging in a competition to see who can come across as the most stereotypical Daily Mail reader... immigrants are criminals...send them back...country too liberal...stuff the EU... 

classic stuff

I read one comment that we should kick all non white people out of this country even if they are born and bred in england lol

I read one comment that we should kick all non white people out of this country even if they are born and bred in england lol

Even the beautiful Indian looking women ? :blink: Nooooooooooo !!!

I bet that writer has a white hood in his closet.

Private Derby has a point.

Its not racist to feel that large groups of foreign speaking people can make you uneasy. I would argue its an old instinct to be wary of strangers, dating back to pre-civilisation days when it might have meant life or death if  people outside your immediate group suddenly appeared.

I take my grandkids to Markeaton park and Stapenhill river gardens in Burton occasionally and once or twice they have been the only english speaking kids on the parks. Its not a problem and generally everyone is perfectly ok but there is a slight, almost imperceptible feeling that you feel like a stranger in your own country.

On the Hyde Park memorial, people used to be moved on if they were causing a nuisance when i were a youth.

Who made the decision that its ok to let people hang around leaving a mess or misusing public spaces?

Couldn't be anything to do with cutting back public services, park keepers, police officers and the like to satisfy an austerity agenda of corporate greed could it?

Or allowing high levels of immigration to drive wages and working conditions down to make us more "competitive"?

Praps its the bloody unions fault. Or the BBC.

Archived