Jordan Rhodes

BottrillRAM

It would mean goals and with that defence they have will be mean automatics, as goals and a mean defence wins games.

Would anybody swap CM for Rhodes?

no way, martin is more than a goalscorer, his build up play, holding the ball up and playing others in is vital to us. Showed when he was out at the end of last season. Rhodes is more like bent, scores goals but doesn't do much else.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about a Championship club signing Jordan Rhodes is that the only real gamble is on him remaining fit - and his fitness in his career so far has been very good. There's no question mark over his goal scoring ability at this level and he doesn't have the setting in issue that a player from overseas would have. Any club buying him gets a pretty solid guarantee of him being a very effective player. For that reason he's always going to cost a lot. Whether £14m is too much - well maybe, but anyone who thinks they are going to get a player with his record when he's got years left on his contract for under £10m is living in fantasy land.

Chris Martin's record over the last two season is comparable, so without the injury he would have been in the £10m plus category. However, with a questionmark over his fitness he's probably worth about £5m currently. If he plays in every game up to Christmas and gets a dozen or so goals, then he'll be back up there in value again.

Nope,

Hughes is  a good midfielder but his weaknesses can be disastrous for us he is too weak and cannot tackle.

Weimann I see as a attacking midfielder,  Ince  and Russell both wingers, no we need another Thorne type, except rather than solid at the back,  somebody that can play centre stage dictate the game from midfield, someone that can thread an needle at 60 mts, a midfield that can pass, dribble and tackle.......but can read the game better than Hughes, Bryson

You will struggle to find a midfielder who will read the game better than Hughes at this level. You don't half make some crazy/stupid suggestions. We have been one of the top scorers in the league for 2 seasons running and we have added Weimann, Ince and Bent to that attack. We don't need to be any more creative, our problems in recent seasons have been defending, not attacking 

Looking at the defence it seems clear keogh may very well be departing..... if he was offered as part of shackell deal then writing is on the wall..... 

Baird pearce shackell fozzy

That in all likelyhood will be our backline this season.... if this new record signing is an attacker..... then can see him playing in the hole

Hughes     thorne

Ince                  new amc         wiemann

Martin 

With bucko hendrick bryson dawkins russell bent all options of the bench......

Most likely bull **** but a mate of mine told me he heard we been linked with red bull salzburg stk soriano..... many many options but i think this alleged record signing will be interesting if it materialises

You will struggle to find a midfielder who will read the game better than Hughes at this level. You don't half make some crazy/stupid suggestions. We have been one of the top scorers in the league for 2 seasons running and we have added Weimann, Ince and Bent to that attack. We don't need to be any more creative, our problems in recent seasons have been defending, not attacking 

One of the issues we had last season was in midfield, when Hughes gets caught napping with the ball, it puts our defence in allsorts of problems, we have concede goals because of it. We need a more stronger player, probably a more experienced midfielder - a player that can pass, that can read the game and more importantly can tackle, Hughes cannot to all of those things. He is a young lad still learning his trade......

The defence is sorted, Baird is the fill in at RB, if we use Christie as back up......Fozzy/Warnock at LB and Shacks with either Pearce /Bucko or Keogh [if he's stopping?] as the two CB -

No, the defence is sorted!

One of the issues we had last season was in midfield, when Hughes gets caught napping with the ball, it puts our defence in allsorts of problems, we have concede goals because of it. We need a more stronger player, probably a more experienced midfielder - a player that can pass, that can read the game and more importantly can tackle, Hughes cannot to all of those things. He is a young lad still learning his trade......

The defence is sorted, Baird is the fill in at RB, if we use Christie as back up......Fozzy/Warnock at LB and Shacks with either Pearce /Bucko or Keogh [if he's stopping?] as the two CB -

No, the defence is sorted!

So you want an upgrade on Will Hughes. :mellow:

Have you been at the lighter fluid?

Nope,

Hughes is  a good midfielder but his weaknesses can be disastrous for us he is too weak and cannot tackle.

Weimann I see as a attacking midfielder,  Ince  and Russell both wingers, no we need another Thorne type, except rather than solid at the back,  somebody that can play centre stage dictate the game from midfield, someone that can thread an needle at 60 mts, a midfield that can pass, dribble and tackle.......but can read the game better than Hughes, Bryson

So going by this you would have thorne and another in front of back 4.... then ince and russell wide, with weimann playing off martin im assuming.... so what would you do with blondie? Surely not benched? If we did sign a partner for thorne in middle wouldn't it make sense to have ince on wing where he smashed it for us last season, then weimann or russell on other flank and hughsie behind martin in a free role to cause havoc? Id have him next to thorne personally as stated earlier if we sign a truly classy number 10.

Looking at the defence it seems clear keogh may very well be departing..... if he was offered as part of shackell deal then writing is on the wall..... 

Baird pearce shackell fozzy

That in all likelyhood will be our backline this season.... if this new record signing is an attacker..... then can see him playing in the hole

Hughes     thorne

Ince                  new amc         wiemann

Martin 

With bucko hendrick bryson dawkins russell bent all options of the bench......

Most likely bull **** but a mate of mine told me he heard we been linked with red bull salzburg stk soriano..... many many options but i think this alleged record signing will be interesting if it materialises

Soiano woud be a brilliant signing and if we did sign him then we will walk the league. He can play as a attacking midfielder because he has great passing and can also play as a striker if martin gets injured

PistoldPete2

Bookies seem to think us and Boro are favourites ... It's true we both seem to be ambitious but don't rule out hull. 

Nope,

Can't agree more iv said this for a long time everytime I say it to people just disagrees because he's a ram 

Alright, enough is enough now. Will Hughes then. If you don't recognise Will's talent and value to the team, either you've not watched him or you don't understand football. 

There is no team in the Championship which Will wouldn't get a regular start in, and he's only going to get better as he's only just turned 20. Replace him? Criticise him because he isn't Daryl Powell? Behave yourselves.

Will Hughes isa good midfield player, but has limitations and tackling is certainly one of them. I have not suggested we replace him, merely that we bring in an experienced brain to run the midfield along side of him. After the fiasco of the last 10 games of last season, it proved we lacked the depth of squad to go up, bringing in a new coach with new ideas and now we are building a stronger squad. I think PC will bring in an experienced midfielder to address some of the issues we had last season.

Will Hughes isa good midfield player, but has limitations and tackling is certainly one of them. I have not suggested we replace him, merely that we bring in an experienced brain to run the midfield along side of him. After the fiasco of the last 10 games of last season, it proved we lacked the depth of squad to go up, bringing in a new coach with new ideas and now we are building a stronger squad. I think PC will bring in an experienced midfielder to address some of the issues we had last season.

Like Chris Baird? He's a good shout you know. I think you might be onto something

Like Chris Baird? He's a good shout you know. I think you might be onto something

Yeah whatever he's on needs to stop taking!!!!! Oh by the way Super Johnny proving super rams wrong AGAIN. :lol:

Will Hughes can tackle. He doesn't go in like a wrecking ball. He is calm and slows his player down and nips at the ball. He is just as good as tackling as anyone. But he tackles in a different manor. His style reflects who he is as a player. Stats also are on his side too. 

for the love of God! Is there one Derby County player that you like or are you a piss take account? 

Archived