Jordan Rhodes

BottrillRAM

8 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Oh gawd it's you again. Look I don't have to explain myself to the likes of you but if you must know I was teaching English as a foreign language near Thessaloniki and also in Athens. Went to quite a few matches. Camara stood out for PAOK because he was black, and very fast.  But lovely and limited. Speedy but little end result. I remember him for those reasons but also because of his name Camara, and why I remember that surname is another story which I can regale you with if you really want to know all the detail. 

No you don't have to explain yourself to the likes of me.

You remember him because he was black and fast?? :lol: That's a brilliant comment mate.

So now he's gone from Turd to "lovely but limited".

Keep going and maybe by tomorrow he'll be better than Ronaldo.

If your going to make up stuff, read back what you originally call players. That way you don't look silly.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Oh gawd it's you again. Look I don't have to explain myself to the likes of you but if you must know I was teaching English as a foreign language near Thessaloniki and also in Athens. Went to quite a few matches. Camara stood out for PAOK because he was black, and very fast.  But lovely and limited. Speedy but little end result. I remember him for those reasons but also because of his name Camara, and why I remember that surname is another story which I can regale you with if you really want to know all the detail. 

You sure you taught English? I mean I'm not an English teacher or anything but I can't remember god ever being spelt that way?

37 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

No you don't have to explain yourself to the likes of me.

You remember him because he was black and fast?:lol: That's a brilliant comment mate.

So now he's gone from Turd to "lovely but limited".

Keep going and maybe by tomorrow he'll be better than Ronaldo.

If your going to make up stuff, read back what you originally call players. That way you don't look silly.

And what's wrong with that? The times I saw him he was the only black player in the team. Seems a pretty good reason to me

46 minutes ago, SIWY said:

Go on, I'm intrigued!

I remember the name Camara because some years before I was working in Sierra Leone with the government there on a World Bank information management project. I was arrested and imprisoned for being a spy. One of the officials I was working with alerted the British High Commissioner who got me released. And the official's name was Abdou Camara (similar to our Camara's name). He is now retired but I keep in touch with him. Satisfied? Actually just reading back this does sounds like a load of tripe but there was an article about it in the DET on 7 January 2009. 

6 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

I remember the name Camara because some years before I was working in Sierra Leone with the government there on a World Bank information management project. I was arrested and imprisoned for being a spy. One of the officials I was working with alerted the British High Commissioner who got me released. And the official's name was Abdou Camara (similar to our Camara's name). He is now retired but I keep in touch with him. Satisfied? Actually just reading back this does sounds like a load of tripe but there was an article about it in the DET on 7 January 2009. 

You are James bond and I claim my £5:lol:

20 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

And what's wrong with that? The times I saw him he was the only black player in the team. Seems a pretty good reason to me

Well he played 6 home games the season you claim to have watched him. Lino played in every one of those games and etto in 2. So he wasn't the only black player.

Maybe he was the only one wearing gloves? ;):p

58 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Well he played 6 home games the season you claim to have watched him. Lino played in every one of those games and etto in 2. So he wasn't the only black player.

Maybe he was the only one wearing gloves? ;):p

OK there might have been two black players. Call me a liar (oh you are). And when you said that I called Camara a turd I didn't realise you took things so literally. I said "you can't polish a turd" which is a military expression meaning that someone is at a level from which they won't improve or get much better no matter how much training is given or experience gained. 

Now back to the original thread  I much prefer McCormack as a proven goal scorer to Rhodes

Archived